• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

referees and other questions (1 Viewer)

totallybord

HSC
hi
im applying for a job and on the application form, it said to write 3 referees not related to you...can you include family friends?
is it possible to also include teachers?
for the availabilities, what happens if you can work some days but then when school comes around, you can only work other days ? do you fill out the days you can work for the holidays or what?
thank you

totallybord

HSC
major food chains like mcdonalds, hungry jacks etc and also places like target

spence

HSC
hey
i work at maccas, i would say family friends and teachers would be fine
and for availabilities, say what u can work during the term, but tell them what u can do for the holidays, cause avails for holidays automatically go to 6am - midnight unless u specify

mb87

HSC
N/A
totallybord said:
hi
im applying for a job and on the application form, it said to write 3 referees not related to you...can you include family friends?
is it possible to also include teachers?
for the availabilities, what happens if you can work some days but then when school comes around, you can only work other days ? do you fill out the days you can work for the holidays or what?
thank you
In terms of referees you could pretty much add anyone who has had some kind of professional relationship. It doesn't really matter if they were a best friend primary school. Although putting Uncle tony who has the same last name as u would proabably look abit dodgy on the resume.

When I was in Mcdonalds. Shifts were allocated by the managers. You will have to negotiate with ur employers on which days u would be available for a certain period of time. Usually lenient for shool kids.

HSC
If you're at school, teachers are probably the best referees, as they can detail your punctuality, reliability, maturity etc. (Although I'm sure that noone would give you a bad reference)
As for availabilities, like spence said, even if you have a greater availability in the holidays, I would still specify the dates and times that you are able to work. For example, I have full availability from about the 23rd November til February, but am still making myself unavailable on Mondays. This is so I can have at least one day where I know that I won't be working and can make plans, schedule driving lessons, etc.
As for term time, just make sure that you can change your availabilities. Most employers in places you're applying for are so desperate to get staff for the christmas period that they're not even looking forward to February.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)