• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

References (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
question:
I know some have said reffs are overrated, but im in final year of school with no employment record worth mentioning. Should I ask my teachers for references before I leave? who else could I ask? I am hopeless, so thanks in advance

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
that's what I was thinking. I wonder if they care that they're not really previous employers...

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
at the end of year 12 our school wrote recommendation letters for each student .. this could be used as a reference for jobs, schools or whatever - see if your school does something like this as well.

capsicum

HSC
ask a teacher who you know well (vice versa), that way, you'll be sure positive comments are said about u! :) you could also ask your year advisor for a reference, and if you did work placement this year, you could ring your supervisor up and ask him/her/them.
family friends are okay too

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
eLmo said:
at the end of year 12 our school wrote recommendation letters for each student .. this could be used as a reference for jobs, schools or whatever - see if your school does something like this as well.

yeah, we've got that at our school too.
right now they are pestering us to tell them what we have achieved, work experience etc.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
golly, thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)