• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Regarding overseas schools... (1 Viewer)

Goodpart

HSC
N/A
I'm sorry I can't be more specific as to where this should go - I'll put it in General just to be safe.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm in the dark regarding this entire topic (despite my projected plans). I want to, in the near future, attend a college in America. Specifically, Virginia. The problem is, I'm not well off enough to just jump right in there and get on with it, nor am I at the very peak of the academic spectrum to get a scholarship.

So, my plan is as follows. Enter into a course at an Australian uni (I plan on studying Media & Communications), and then transfer to an overseas school ASAP. I have living arrangements sorted in the event that I get there, so it's not a complete rabble. (I wouldn't be so specific if I didn't have anything figured out)

So what I wanted to ask was... has anyone had experience in going to an overseas college/uni? What are the costs/requirements to do so? I intend on staying on an almost full time basis.

Also - do overseas schools offer the same courses? Looking into a few local schools in the area I'm going to live in don't seem to have the specific course I want to enter into on their list, and I wouldn't want to go there if I had nothing to study. :p

Anyways - thanks for the help in advance. If you want to know anything else about my situation then ask away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)