Registration of Tutoring Services (1 Viewer)

Max Marks

Fairfield/Liverpool, Bankstown District, Prospect
Hi everyone,

I was just reading an article about how increasingly, tutors are the ones doing assignments and how this creates an unfair advantage to students with tutors.

The guy who was saying this was called Mohan Dhall, from memory. He commented on the fact that there are no safe-guards, when it comes to "take home tests/assignments". He proposed to have people who provided tutoring services registered and monitored.

Just wondering if your tutors actually do your assignments for you? or if you are a tutor do you do assignments for your students? Is it a common occurrence?

I definitely help the students i tutor, but none of them have ever asked me to do an assignment for them. Just interested as to how wide spread this is.

Cheers,
Sash :)

P.S. this is the actual place where the article is located:

http://www.sai-global.com/newsroom/tgs/2003-10/tutoring/tutoring.htm

Last edited:
HSC
Max Marks said:
Hi everyone,

tutors are the ones doing assignments and how this creates an unfair advantage to students with tutors.
EXACTLY this is the reason y Rankings are not important. ITs ur final exam result which really determines ur fate

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Well I only tutor maths so I cant really do her assessments for her, but if a student of mine did have assignments I definitely wouldnt do it for them.

FinalFantasy

HSC
i have a tutor and she doesn't do my assignments for me...
anyway, i agree take home assessments are unfair, kids get all sorts of ppl to do it for dem or help dem and stuff...
dey should just have it all exams:)

HSC
My tutors HELP me with my assignments, they go through my english essays and point out areas which need clarification/grammar mistakes etc., but they definitely don't do them for me. I have to bring in completed or mostly-completed work for them to look at, I don't just give them the question and ask 'what do I do?'

I prefer exams to take-home assessments anyway, because with stuff you have at home, there's no excuse for not doing that well :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)