• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

related texts...how many? (1 Viewer)

Larissa8

HSC
is it safe to stick with the one related texts? will hsc papers ever ask for refernce to more than one?

-pari-

HSC
N/A
we've been recommended to have 2, no more no less ...

"just in case"
-they specify for more than one [in past this has not happened, generally they ask for 'at least one' - but they *are allowed* to ask for more than one and might do so....unlike with the stimulus booklet where chances are they're not goin to ask for more than one ]

- the question turns out weird and then having 2 might be useful

but then again that doesn't mean you "have to use" two.

maybe have two but just know one really really well?

:)

Larissa8

HSC
yeah i guess your right...the one ive got is john keats "ode to a nightingale", do u think its better to refrain from doing another poem? i think novels are far too long and movies don't have enough in the way of technique...so im not sure... by the way, have u done anything at school in the way of creative writing preparation?? for english adv and extension 1?

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i wouldn't suggest doing another poem - they look for a 'variety' of text [forms]

movies can be good, lots of film techniques :)
however if you're not in for that, i suggest maybe some other sort of visual text? because it provides a variation of techniques ...otherwise you might get stuck with lots of language techniques...metaphors, similes, writing style whatnot ...

just my opinion

we havent done much creative writing prep.
none whatsoever for ext 1, and we did write one or two pieces for adv AOS. other than that not really...

:)

Larissa8

HSC
creative writing is by far my least favourite section! i hate it...so im stressing about it already...well i guess ill have to find another text then, although were starting a new module...what module are u doing next

HSC
Larissa8 said:
is it safe to stick with the one related texts? will hsc papers ever ask for refernce to more than one?
Have at least two up your sleeve. I had to write about two in my trials, so asking about it in the hsc is not out of the question. Two is plenty, make sure you know one well and have another as a backup if you can.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^^^ yep.

we're doing king lear next :) our critical analysis study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)