relativity question (1 Viewer)

Rahul

Dead Member
umm...these were thought experiments.
the limitation factor is a part of it. but so is the idea it self. all of einstein's theories were gendaken's.
some have even be proved; time dilation, etc.

so the moral of the story, well there isnt really one, but just concentrate on the facts.

hope someone understands what i am rtying to say....well i did see the word hypothetical somewhere, so obviously someone does :D

pseudo

john ur not quite right they were saying that you wold run out of fuel
im saying that no matter how much fuel current rockets have speed limitiation based on the speed at which they exhaust gases

jims

HSC
1. this cant realllly be physics. theres too much thinking involved.
2. the rocket exhaust gas probably is coming out at 200000km/hr, but because the mass of the exhaust gas compared to that of the rocket is so tiny, the acceleration of the rocket will be much less
3. because you are accelerating, no inertial frame of reference exists, so does special relativity even apply?

Rahul

Dead Member
"1. this cant realllly be physics. theres too much thinking involved." haha :D

this is a very messy discussion, people have gone off on their own tangents away from the original question, including me. :p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jims
3. because you are accelerating, no inertial frame of reference exists, so does special relativity even apply?
but consumption of fuel is instantaneous... hence no acc is occurin... just like in math, u can find the gradient of a curve... curve is inertial frame of reference (linear relationship) while a curve is soemwhat accerlatin......, but u still can find the gradient of a point on a curve...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)