• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Relevant course for HTML, Coding? (1 Viewer)

Scinery

HSC
After some thinking i realised that i would be quite satisfied spending the rest of my life working with the internet, but i have no current knowledge about anything, really

what course can i consider? between unsw and usyd and maybe UTS, i could not find the relevant course for learning this kinda thing

i want to become an ONLINE JOURNALIST.

thanks for any help

witide

HSC
um...that isn't really the thing you spend an entire degree doing. HTML is barely scratching the surface of web coding. You could probably take a look at some media programs, or design computing, digital media, maybe even computer science and software engineering.

jaimebien

HSC
To be honest, if you want to be a HTML coder, you don't really need any tertiary training. Most web designers are self-taught.

But then, you mentioned wanting to do online journalism. Several options here: USYD's BA (Media and Communications) covers general media work and touches briefly in on web design and management.

UTS has some pretty specific Internet-related courses: BA in Communication (Information and Media) and BA in Communication (Journalism). Both would deal with online production as well online journalism.

The UNSW IT degrees are worth checking but they would be more technical with little, if any, focus on the journalism aspect.

Your best bet is to go to uni open days and collect their brochures on the various courses and listen to lecturers pitch the degree to you. Some of the information may be available on the internet, but it is scattered and hard to find. Trust me, those brochures will be your bible when the time comes to put down your final preferences.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
in unsw computer science is very technical. Consider digital media if you're interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)