remarking/rechecking-when? (1 Viewer)

wil20

i was just wondering when the BOS does the rechecking of the hsc marks, to get the amended hsc marks..do they do it for all the hsc students, or do the students need to apply for the marks to be rechecked? this is because in the uai booklet that was sent out this year, under the FAQ section about whether the uai is recalculated, it says that the uai's are only recalculated if there are amended hsc results. if so, when do we know if there are or arent amended hsc results? im asking this because im on borderline 95, and am worried that my marks and uai could drop after rechecking..it could happen!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
A clerical recheck can be done but it costs $$$, when you receive the notification of your marks from BoS it gives the option to recheck. I think its $12 for each subject and $24 for english.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You will receive notice of the outcome of your recheck in early January.

(HSC students in 2003 received notice around 14 January 2004.)

If a variation to your examination results is made as a result of the recheck, the Board will advise UAC and your UAI will be recalculated before Main Round offers are finalised.

You won't lose marks as a result of applying for a clerical recheck.

wil20

thanks...also..

thanks..also, would u happen to know if the recheck is for the examination marks only, or for the school assessment marks as well? and is it common for the recheck (not clerical) to produce different results for the students each year?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The clerical recheck is for examination marks only.

The deadline for a check of your assessment marks passed in mid November.

I believe the only recheck that is available is the clerical one.

ramanij

Why does the board of studies 'offer' ( not really since u end up paying) to recheck the marking anyway? Does dat mean they didn't do it properly the first time? additionally how would students know dat their papers are goin to be remarked? To me there seems to be a profiteering motive behind this

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
ramanij said:
Why does the board of studies 'offer' ( not really since u end up paying) to recheck the marking anyway? Does dat mean they didn't do it properly the first time? additionally how would students know dat their papers are goin to be remarked? To me there seems to be a profiteering motive behind this
When they deal with the marks of 66000 odd students it can be expected that there will be some sort of error.

jessabelle080

music remarking?

It says that i have the option to have my extension music mark rechecked, but that was just performance. I know they recorded everything so does that mean that they can listen to it again and remark it? cause everyone i know thinks i should have got a better mark.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
jessabelle080 said:
It says that i have the option to have my extension music mark rechecked, but that was just performance. I know they recorded everything so does that mean that they can listen to it again and remark it? cause everyone i know thinks i should have got a better mark.
From what I've heard, answer is a no. They just check the paperwork submitted by your markers, make sure the right number was written down i guess :p.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
mz_purfect said:
wot if after de clerical recheck it turns dat sum prson did beta n their UAI increases as well as there HSC marks...doesn't this (or shouldnt it) affect the UAIs of other immediate students...?
It could affect other students, yes - but to avoid reissuing everyone with a new UAI, they allow them to keep the old one.

In most cases, I doubt there would be any noticeable change to other UAIs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)