• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Report (1 Viewer)

hApPy1

HSC
Just having a bit of a problem with the questions in the report here- two titles we work under (tho there are more) are "Details of research" and "Effect of research on major work".....im trying really hard not to list my sources in the "details" one as they are blending in! and i know they will - how can i keep them separate in what they answer about my MW?

Also...an annotated bibliography? is that the same as an appendix? i knw what an appendix is but that aint a bibliography..are they two separate thing?

silly questions i know- but ones that will help.

Thanx dudes! i hope u guys didnt have as much trouble as i with the report :p

hApPy1

HSC
are u telling me 7 ppl dont know the answer!?

anyone at all?

J

jhakka

If you're talking about resources in your Major Work, I would provide a couple of specific examples in each section, but would not describe how everyone one helped you. Perhaps you should mention one of each type of resource or reference for each section.

Don't exclude resources/methods for the sake of not listing them all. If you think it will do your work justice, than include a quick mention of a few at the end of the sentence/paragraph.

HSC
N/A
It is difficult to jam in a lot of titles and hw they helped you in your Report, but you will find you have to do the exact same thing in your Reflection Statement :(

An annotated bibliography includes a bit of reflection (a few lines) on what you gained from reading it - NOT a description. To pull an example from my journal:

2) Winterson, J. (1997). Art Objects: Essays on Ecstasy and Effrontery. Vintage Books USA.
A most insightful collection of articles that explores art in a variety of directions, including its effect on the mind. It actively promotes a scope of wider thinking and broadened the way I approached narrative by focusing on the way I wrote the different characters – such as particular mannerisms, and the use of dialogue and lyrical prose.

In regards to details, I would assume this refers to your approach to research in the development of your major work - eg whether you interviewed past students, went to the library etc. The effect of research is where you can start pulling direct references between what you researched and its impact on your writing process/major work. If it helps, approach them in two completely separate paragraphs :)

When pressed for space, you're not always going to be able to say everything - pick out the most important fundamental ones and sneak the others in when possible, I say.

hApPy1

HSC
thanx heaps for that- u really helped!!! ......one last question tho- on our sheet it says to include "Appendix:annotated bibliography" - though last tiem i chcecked an appendix is the actual reserach included in teh back of some assignment for reference.....but thats not a bibliography......confusion.....

can anyone clear this up for me....its due 2moro!

thanx ppl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)