• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Request for Help: Be my guinea pig! (5min Online Survey) (1 Viewer)

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
As some of you know, I'm doing my honours in psych; I'm currently looking for participants for my online survey.

The study looks at how your environment effects your sexual and relationship preferences. The study involves a series of questions, and should take approximately 5 minutes to complete.

We are currently only recruiting female participants who are 18+ years of age. (But if you're male and curious, feel free to complete it but mark yourself as MALE when it asks.)

Thanks in advance for your help -- every participant counts. On that note, if you have any female friends/family/acquaintances/strangers(!) who might be interested, please (please, please!) forward the link on to them! :)

Steve.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
you had me at sexual...I will be back to do this, not that it counts :p

EDIT: Well constructed survey, it'll actually be interesting to know the general results. I'll try and pass it on as best as I can :)

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey steve

I did it :) it's really short which is really good.. well thats cool i'll get my friends to do it as well!

Good luck with honors this year!

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Sounds like a really interesting experiment (much shorter than mine too!!!!). I did it and I'll look around for people that can complete it. Are you thinking of expanding it to males at some stage or are you likely to keep it at females?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
boris said:
OKay, done.!

btw, i am female.
do you mean that you really are a female or that you put yourself down as a female on the survey but your really a male?

boris

Banned
HSC
no i mean that i am really a female

<-- katie_tully

X

xeuyrawp

I did it naked.

Not sure if that will skew the results.

Edit: That's all a lie, I didn't do it, and I'm fully clothed. :(

rwc

HSC
did the survey, seems pretty interesting will we get to know the results of the study?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
First, Thanks to everyone who's currently completed the survey, AND to those who have forwarded it to friends (I've noted some people forwarding it via facebook -- awesome, thanks!)
Second, if anyone is considering doing it or dropped out halfway, I'd like to encourage you to do/reattempt it. Think of all the rats I won't have to experiment on! :D

Third, Specific responses in a roughly chronological order...
Supra said:
EDIT: Well constructed survey, it'll actually be interesting to know the general results. I'll try and pass it on as best as I can :)
Always good to hear feedback -- thanks for that! I spent a fair bit of time on it, so I'm glad it made it easy.
clairegirl said:
I did it :) it's really short which is really good.. well thats cool i'll get my friends to do it as well!

Good luck with honors this year!
Thanks for completing it & for the luck -- both are very helpful! :D
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Sounds like a really interesting experiment (much shorter than mine too!!!!). I did it and I'll look around for people that can complete it. Are you thinking of expanding it to males at some stage or are you likely to keep it at females?
Thanks for that help, Jamie -- would be awesome. Not currently thinking of expanding to males yet, because I have a complementary experiment for female first year subject pooliants (and any other volunteers!) in the wings... that's about all I can say for the moment!
boris/melsc/mserica said:
Thanks!
PwarYuex said:
I did it naked... Not sure if that will skew the results.
rofl rob. Maybe, maybe not. I'll keep my eye out for an outlier. :D
rwc said:
did the survey, seems pretty interesting will we get to know the results of the study?
Thanks rwc; I'll publish some results on here once the survey's all done and closed up; if I forget (by, say, early 2nd semester) feel free to PM me.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Forwarded it to a few of my friends, not sure if they've done it.

Was too depressed to attempt it after the first two questions, so I stopped >.>

HSC
wow it was an impressive survey... u ahve put much thought into it, and i wish u goodl luk with ur honours
btw how u liking psychology as im really interested in doin it next yr after school

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
How did you go about with the questions Steve? Did you plan out your hypothetical outcomes before and structure your questions towards that? Having issues trying to formulate my own questionnaire, and its really shitting me :(

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
.:AmBeR.SmItH:. said:
btw how u liking psychology as im really interested in doin it next yr after school
Thanks, Amber. Psych's great -- absolutley love it; it's totally captivating. However, if you're considering it, make sure you're fully aware of the education requirements before you can call yourself a 'psychologist'.

AsyLum said:
How did you go about with the questions Steve? Did you plan out your hypothetical outcomes before and structure your questions towards that? Having issues trying to formulate my own questionnaire, and its really shitting me :(
PM'd :)

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

tbh, I was pretty disappointed with the lack of naked photos of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)