results that need to be proven (1 Viewer)

jinglebells1464646

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,

so for extension 2maths, can people contribute a list of results that, although obvious, would require proof before being used in the exam?

For example, I wonder if you can only apply the triangle inequality and Cauchy-schwarz vector version inequality after proving it somewhere in the exam? It does not appear in the HSC reference sheet, YET they are obvious enough and well known...

I have a list here of identities and laws that I am not sure require proving or not in order to be used in the hsc which you can check (somehow???) tHEy do nto appear in reference sheet

VECTORS
- associative law
- distributive law
- cauchyschawrxs vector inequality
- triangle inequality
- commutative law
- quadrilateral diagonal properties like diagonals bisect eacother or bisect vertices or meet at 90 degrees

Thank you.

Consider any contributions to be of value to not one person but to posterity so your effort would be appreciated very much.

Last edited:

cossine

HSC
Hi everyone,

so for extension 2maths, can people contribute a list of results that, although obvious, would require proof before being used in the exam?

For example, I wonder if you can only apply the triangle inequality and Cauchy-schwarz vector version inequality after proving it somewhere in the exam? It does not appear in the HSC reference sheet, YET they are obvious enough and well known...

I have a list here of identities and laws that I am not sure require proving or not in order to be used in the hsc which you can check (somehow???) tHEy do nto appear in reference sheet

VECTORS
- associative law
- distributive law
- cauchyschawrxs vector inequality
- triangle inequality
- commutative law

Thank you.

Consider any contributions to be of value to not one person but to posterity so your effort would be appreciated very much.
Some laws seem to be axioms. i.e. statement that is true and cannot be proven. In my opinion, you should be allowed to use any theorem you know in an exam. The most important point is demonstrating understanding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)