Review on North Shore (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

hi.. i was wondering if it would be betta to get a 1 on 1 tutor (private) in north shore or do a normal class for english advanced in yr 12... i would like to no wat they teach u in eng in yr 12.. my friend says they teach u the generic stuff..
plz i wanna hear ur opinions

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
If its 1 on 1, there won't be any generic as you pay $60/per hour.
Class wise, yes it's generic in that the teacher teaches you how to construct essays for each module and analysing texts.
In ''normal class'' you'll be expected to do most of the stuff yourself without being guided too closely.

P

pLuvia

amoz_lilo said:
If its 1 on 1, there won't be any generic as you pay $60/per hour.
Class wise, yes it's generic in that the teacher teaches you how to construct essays for each module and analysing texts.
In ''normal class'' you'll be expected to do most of the stuff yourself without being guided too closely.
how bout a 2 on 1.. 2 students and a teacher.. coz i can drag my friend along so me and him and the teacher.. would the teacher allow us to do wat we want.. not the generic stuff.. like focus on a journey, text, etc?? that would be a very gud way of tutoring.. and plus 2 on 1.. is cheaper.. :) :uhhuh: :D ;)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I guess, it depends on the teacher and Center. The one [who is pure brilliance btw] I know will most likely refuse 2 on 1, you might have to ask around. Be nice =)

P

pLuvia

amoz_lilo said:
I guess, it depends on the teacher and Center. The one [who is pure brilliance btw] I know will most likely refuse 2 on 1, you might have to ask around. Be nice =)
do u still go to Norht Shore.. umm.. i have mr Waldrow.. best teacher.. *thumbs up*.. i wanna ask him to be my 2 on 1 teacher... he would be the best.. lol have u eva had him? or is he the one ur talking bout.. plz betta not be ahhha

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
learning is much more effective if its 1 on 1 as the teacher purely and solely concerntrates on your performance at that time and you get your money's worth

btw, you need to have done the preliminary for ext1 eng in yr11 to able to do it in yr12 as it is a requirement...actually a necessity

P

pLuvia

want2beSMART said:
learning is much more effective if its 1 on 1 as the teacher purely and solely concerntrates on your performance at that time and you get your money's worth

btw, you need to have done the preliminary for ext1 eng in yr11 to able to do it in yr12 as it is a requirement...actually a necessity
oh yeh bout that.. i have to wait for my teachers approval of ext eng.. :)

P

pLuvia

amoz_lilo said:
y would waldrow not accept a 2 on 1.. if we treat it like a 1 on1.. will he allow it.. or will he just say to do a 1 on 1...

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
kadlil said:
how bout a 2 on 1.. 2 students and a teacher.. coz i can drag my friend along so me and him and the teacher.. would the teacher allow us to do wat we want.. not the generic stuff.. like focus on a journey, text, etc?? that would be a very gud way of tutoring.. and plus 2 on 1.. is cheaper.. :) :uhhuh: :D ;)
You have to study a certain pattern of texts .... For instance you cannot study 2 shakespeare's, 2 poets, 2 media ..... It has to work that you do 1 shakespeare (play), 1 poet, 1 media i.e radio/film/television series, and one prose fiction .... So you will not be able to chose exactly what you want it has to flow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)