RFTG and the LSGOB (1 Viewer)

luey88

HSC
HEY GUYS! I have this essay to do (1500 words) on how the LSGOB ties in with RFTG. I have to talk about how three stories in the book reflect RFTG. If anyone could give me a hand in this, it would be much appreciated. Cheers

HSC
N/A
Alrighty! Finally! Something I can help on!

I'm going out in a few minutes so I'll type as much as I can for now and edit this post later tonight when I come back on.

The important thing with RFTG is not to look just at the text - there is so much more! Look at the author, their background, social and historical and personal context, values etc etc. Why did they write this book? What are they trying to say?

When reading MacLeod's short stories, what sort of message are you getting? MacLeod isn't too bad to read - there's often a fairly distinct "local" and "global" aspect, usually in the form of older generations and the younger generation coming into contact with each other. What happens when they do?

A quick note before I head off - I'm not the nicest person in the world, so I'm not going to hand you essay bits and study notes on a silver platter. What I will do however, is try to get you on the right track to UNDERSTANDING the RFTG module by yourself. :)

EDIT: I'm back! *big stretch* So, what stories are you doing and what have you got so far? We'll work with what you have first. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)