Richard the 3rd Critical Readings (1 Viewer)

blitzacer

HSC
Sorry if i've misplaced this topic, but this seemed like the most suitable place. I was wondering how i could apply the theory of jung archetypes into act 3 of Richard the 3rd. I was also wondering what other critical reading i should use ( and most suitable ) in my coming up assessment, where i'll have to discuss richard the 3rd in 2 critical readings under a chosen text type. Any ideas? (I'm in year 11 by the way)

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Theres a really good appropriation of Richard III in a movie with Ian McKellen, set in Nazi germany.

I did this in year 10 though...

blitzacer

HSC
Oh we watched that in class, during the last week of school... I didn't get much of it though o_o;

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
blitzacer said:
Sorry if i've misplaced this topic, but this seemed like the most suitable place. I was wondering how i could apply the theory of jung archetypes into act 3 of Richard the 3rd. I was also wondering what other critical reading i should use ( and most suitable ) in my coming up assessment, where i'll have to discuss richard the 3rd in 2 critical readings under a chosen text type. Any ideas? (I'm in year 11 by the way)
[/COLOR]lol just typed msg and somehow deleted it... buggar i'll start again.

oh i did richard III for prelim last year and loved it...

k the first source i can think of which is really good is Shakespeare for Students - your local library should have it (its a reference book) It has a heap of critical essays in it - they are exceptionally good and teh ones on richard II are excelent and they have some great ideas and are legitament sources.

um another one provided by library - but u can access it at home on the itnernet is literature resource centre - this is really good adn i use it alot for my 4unit english cause there are so many sources.
the web site is www.nswnet.net
to get into teh resource centre
-chose ur local library
-chose literature resrouce centre
-select connect at home
-then type in ur library card no.

Then jsut search for what u want - there should be heaps there

um the Film that Persephone87 mentioned is really really good, and has alot of litte interesting details in it that make ur essay a bit more interesting then others. Um i can remembber off top of my head a couple of these things - some are blatently obvious though

- Richard as hitler like character - the speech Richard does mimics the nuremburg rallies - plus the picture above teh desk is similar to Hitlers

- the train that richard's headquaters is in (during the final few scenes of teh movie) was the actual train that hilter used. (i read this somehwere an really impressed my markes :uhhuh: )

- Richard, for teh most part, is in military dress - there was something about the machanical nature of his killings and the army factor - cant think off top of my head

- Richard as the machevielian villian - the power idea

Thats all i can think of for now - but if u need anything else happy to help
Cheers
Mel

blitzacer

HSC
yatta~~

thanks a lot, i guess i should get started on this soon ^^;;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)