• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ringing up for an interview (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

So I handed in an application form at this place but they havent rang me back up yet...so I thought it might be a good idea to ring them up and see whats up...yeah well the thing is I cant think of what I should say when I ring them up :p so can someone help me with what I should say :p

G

Gavvvvvin

About 3 weeks ago at one of these crappy variet stores...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
if they dont call u they dont want you. but they should atleast tell you. i say call them until u get the job.

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
Ask for the storemanager i just rang up woolies this morning told them that i handed in an applicaiton about 2 months ago and haven't heard anything they told me they'll check and to ring in the arvo, which i did and they told me i have an interview on Tuesday so it pays to ring up

tennille

HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
Okay I rang them up and got an interview :p
Are you going to be a casual? In some cases, the manager etc. want you to chase them up. If someone doesn't ring you back, you should ring them because it shows that you're keen and stuff. My work didn't give me shifts at all this week (as opposed to 5 shifts a week, which I used to get), so I decided to ring up and they gave me more shifts.

Good on ya for ringing them up.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Tennille said:
Are you going to be a casual? In some cases, the manager etc. want you to chase them up. If someone doesn't ring you back, you should ring them because it shows that you're keen and stuff. My work didn't give me shifts at all this week (as opposed to 5 shifts a week, which I used to get), so I decided to ring up and they gave me more shifts.

Good on ya for ringing them up.
how did you word the fact you hadn't got any shifts? i wouldn't be able to ring and say 'hi, you haven't given me any shifts this week *uncomfortable silence.*" how else can you word it?

tennille

HSC
iambored said:
how did you word the fact you hadn't got any shifts? i wouldn't be able to ring and say 'hi, you haven't given me any shifts this week *uncomfortable silence.*" how else can you word it?
I rang up and asked if I could talk to my supervisor. Then I asked her if there are any shifts available because I didn't get any shifts.

My supervisor wasnt the one who didnt give me any shifts, that's why it didnt matter so much. :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Tennille said:
I rang up and asked if I could talk to my supervisor. Then I asked her if there are any shifts available because I didn't get any shifts.

My supervisor wasnt the one who didnt give me any shifts, that's why it didnt matter so much. :)
i see, thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)