Rites Of Passage P.I.P (1 Viewer)

Brookie-iluvmat

Hey I was wondering if anyone could direct me to some useful resources regarding rites of passage in Australia for adolescents?? The only thing i've really been able to find is stuff on indigenous Australians and im focussing on the changing nature of debutantes so that isnt really helping!!!!

winicat

HSC
hey! good ol' rites of passage lol i did my PIP on the HSC as a rite of passage. i looked at girls at selective high schools compared to other school "systems"

i found a whole heap of general stuff by just pumping "rites of passage" into google. also add words like "modern" "in today's society", etc to get away from 'old' rites of passage.

Cohen, D (Ed) The Circle of Life: rituals from the human family album is a good (international) book on ROP. We had it in our school library so *shrug* it has a lot of different traditional and modern ROP from around the world.

have you got a list of modern ROP? sometimes these can help you find info on others, etc.

Fogarty, J Rites of Passage (ABC short stories - radio transcript ... avai. online) is a father's view on his daughter's ROP

i'll have to see if i can find where i've stored my PIP and i'll send you my bibliography.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
You could also look at theories of social development such as Maslow etc. You probably did them in yr11 too so that makes it easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)