• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

"Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" or "Hamlet"? (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Personally I'd say R and G....

Hamlet (The play)... was not all that bad.... most of the themes are amusing.... but the tragedy (although a little over the top).... gives us that little "Action and Violence".. which we value so much....

Hamlet 2000 film version.... makes things alot more clear... many actors seemed as though they were acting out Hamlet in a class room...(not all of course...many were fantastic)...

R and G...(the original play).... is awesome... the questioning of almost all features of life.. is so astounding... researching the production of the play was almost exciting... at least in my opinion the context of R and G was a little more inetersting than that of Hamlet...

R and G are quite the odd couple.. who enjoin brain power to produce......... basically nothing... (at least of benefit towards themsleves).. which in turn benefits us...

I'll chuck around more opinions... which i hope u ppl will aslo do.. in return that we may compare and contarst... and question our opinions...

so i refer back to the question: "Rosencrantz and Guildernstern are Dead" or "Hamlet"?... which do u prefer? and why? u could also simply answer with either "R and G"..(or as some students like to put it RAGAD).. or simply "Hamlet".. if u can't be bothered.. or if u can, maybe write a sentence or two..

_Benji_

HSC
Ragad

RAGAD all the way.
Im not a big shakespeare fan- although I am getting better at reading the language I still prefer prose.
Hamlet to me is just another revenge tragedy, where as I found RAGAD hilarious and really readable. It actually made me like like Hamlet more/ understand it better.

R & G are just really likeable characters and are sooo funny in their confusion. Except you kinda feel sorry for them, having no purpose of their own/self identity and all.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
_Benji_ said:
RAGAD all the way.
Im not a big shakespeare fan- although I am getting better at reading the language I still prefer prose.
Hamlet to me is just another revenge tragedy, where as I found RAGAD hilarious and really readable. It actually made me like like Hamlet more/ understand it better.

R & G are just really likeable characters and are sooo funny in their confusion. Except you kinda feel sorry for them, having no purpose of their own/self identity and all.

yeh.. that is soo true... although Hamlet is more than just a revenge tragedy... but yeh.. RAGAD is quite the humerous play...

R anf G are the funniest... its really funny the way they test all these scientific and philosophical theories (pendulum... gravitation... probaiblity...).. its all related to past debates we've had during physics and chem classes along with english classes.. about how smart scientsist really were... although they were indeed smart.. but the fact that two characters such as that of R and G explore such theories and experiment with them makes us think and navigate into the truth behind reality.. thought.. fiction and imagination....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)