• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

rounds (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, i dont get these round offering things

how come some people got more than one offer?

for example, i got a main round offer, which i accepted.
how come i didnt also get late round offers for other courses i applied for (i had a high enough UAI and there were vacancies)

was it coz i accepted my main round offer?

if this is so, the people who got more than one offer couldnt have accepted their main round offer? but we only had a week or so to accept?

i dont get it..

santaslayer

HSC
a number of possible reasons:

1. the late/final round cut offs were so high that ur uai did not qualify u for a position
2. there were no vacancies left
3. some unis didnt even bother with a late/final round offer ( i thin UNI of Canberra didnt)

with the 3rd option being ur most likely case...

Ribbon

also... you won't recieve offers for preferences that were lower than your main round offer, only higher. so if you've got your second preference in the main round, and didn't swap them for the other rounds, then you may recieve an offer for your first pref, but regardless of your uai and vacancies ect. you will not recieve an offer for your 3rd, 4th, 5th ect.

also to elaborate on what santa slayer said: cutoffs for later rounds are not the same as those for the main rounds. They can go up or down, so if you changed your prefs to something that had a lower entry than your uai, you still might not get in, because this can go up, depending on demand, same as with the main cutoffs.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
oh ok, i thought they offered courses that were lower than our main round cutoffs
see, i got a UAI of 73.3, and i got into B.Sc at newcastle (73.65, but i got 4 extra uai points coz i live in the middle of nowhere)
i also applied for BA/B.Sc at une and B.Sc also at une (both 70 uai) but they were lower on my list than B.Sc @ newcastle, and there were vacancies, so i was just wondering why i didnt get offerred them (even though i didnt want them)
so yeah, coz they only offer ones higher than my main round offer, thats why i didnt get a late round offer...so it seems anyway

i think i get it now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)