• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ruby moon / 7 stages of grieving (1 Viewer)

stellafella

HSC
ok for drama we have to write an essay on

"Drama and theatre in their content and style reflect the society from which they spring. Discuss this statement with refence to Ruby Moon and The Seven Stages of Grieving"

we haven't had a proper teacher all year, and so we keep getting substitues and so i don't have any information on this, we have had to do it all alone... so even if you can't help me with this question any notes would be fantastic...

thanks

geeksneedlove

HSC
I suppose by now you've already handed in the essay.. but pretty much every essay in drama (or in anything really) you approach it the same way..
Discuss the context, style, dramatic conventions (ie. symbols & technology within BOTH Ruby Moon and 7 Stages really important), themes, characters and all that kinda stuff.. Look in the resources, if you havn't already you've been missing out. They're super helpful and pretty much compliment everything you learn (or havn't learnt) in class.

stellafella

HSC
Thanks heaps.. actually i haven't handed it in you, we got it soo early and then like 3 extentions.. so thanks
:)

jennieTalia

HSC
"Drama and theatre in their content and style reflect the society from which they spring. Discuss this statement with refence to Ruby Moon and The Seven Stages of Grieving"

Just a suggestion- for an interesting twist on your essay go and find the interviews with Deborah Mailman, and those with Matt Cameron... they suggest a lot about why the wrote them, and how the contexts they grew up in, and the nature of Australian society (remember the topic is Contemp. Aus. Theatre so there should be at least a bit of a link!!! -major hint :p-)

Also, think about issues within Australian society that they are expressing.

Aboriginality is a simpler issue as it's commonly shown, and has a large historical basis. Ruby Moons issues are far more within the context of suburbia and the issues revolving around this...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)