• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Rudd new ALP leader (1 Viewer)

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
As expected, but how is this man supposed to woo the voters in the old Labor heartland; the workers..

Internal polling by the ALP indicates that the seat of Lindsay in western Sydney, is moving further and further away from their grasp. How can Mr Rudd, an acadmic of sorts, reverse this trend??

K

katie_tully

Fantastic. Incompetence has been replaced by a nancy and a rabid feminist.

The circus that is left wing politics will go on to amuse me for a third year straight.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
First there was K-Fed ... now the ALP brings you K-Rud

Thankyou K-Rud for making an already unelectable ALP even more unelectable. Expect another 2-4% swing against Labor in the the next Federal election as the moderates begin to abandon the ALP wholesale.

L

littlewing69

bshoc said:
First there was K-Fed ... now the ALP brings you K-Rud

Thankyou K-Rud for making an already unelectable ALP even more unelectable. Expect another 2-4% swing against Labor in the the next Federal election as the moderates begin to abandon the ALP wholesale.

Beazley had to go sooner or later--he was never, ever going to win an election.

Scanorama

HSC
Good to see Beazley is gone, he won't win the election.

Now imagine if Rudd loses the next election and Beazley makes another come back - just like what happened when Latham lost.

K

katie_tully

Dude, Rudd isn't going to win either. Labor needs to get out of this stupid dream sequence it's been prancing around in for the last, oh I don't know, 10 or so years.

I can't think of a single thing Rudd stands for...or against. A silent leader is scarier than a stupid leader.

K

katie_tully

Typical leftist. This is why Labor never wins, it has people like you supporting it.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
littlewing69 said:
Beazley had to go sooner or later--he was never, ever going to win an election.
His chances and margins were better than K-Rud's. Voters who moved towards the Liberal Party (the "old Labor" moderates - which Beazley represented) during the 1996 Federal election were the ones that gave Howard the government. What the replacement of Beazley with Rudd does is send the rest of that group to the Libs, although it also steals some votes from the Greens and Democrats, but not enough to balance. Another swing against Labor is almost certain.

That said nobody short of Jesus could lead the mess that is federal labor to a federal election win.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
katie_tully said:
Dude, Rudd isn't going to win either. Labor needs to get out of this stupid dream sequence it's been prancing around in for the last, oh I don't know, 10 or so years.

I can't think of a single thing Rudd stands for...or against. A silent leader is scarier than a stupid leader.
Umm, lets see
-opposition to Workchoices
-troops out of Iraq
-AWB scandal
-interest rates rise
-Relations with China (he speaks Chinese)
-against Media Ownership Laws

he has been one of the most vocal people in the ALP for the last two years

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ihavenothing said:
Umm, lets see
-opposition to Workchoices
-troops out of Iraq
-AWB scandal
-interest rates rise
-Relations with China (he speaks Chinese)
-against Media Ownership Laws
These issues only appeal to the Labor left ...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Beazley's brother dies
IN a crushing blow, toppled Labor leader Kim Beazley has just been informed that his brother David has died. The news came shortly after Mr Beazley lost the ALP to challenger Kevin Rudd.

K

katie_tully

Ha ha ha. From what I've seen, Corrine Grant is more vocal about Work Choice than Rudd.
Troops out of Iraq? Yawn, what a tired subject. Crap like that doesn't win elections because crap like that doesn't impose on every day Australians
AWB scandal? Oh noes!! Considering that the ones the scandal will hurt the most (the farmers) generally vote Liberal, I fail to see why Rudd yapping on about AWB will compell anybody to vote Labor.
Interest rate rises! Here's an idea! Don't buy a McMansion with a mortage thats out of your grasp. Also handy is not filling your McMansion with furniture and appliances you cannot afford.
Oh and um, 17% anyone?

Relations with China? Oh you mean the relations we already have with China due to Howard? Rudd can speak Chinese? Congratulations Rudd, so can about 1 billion others on the earth.

So anyway, I didn't see anything of worth mentioned there. I saw a bunch of crap that Labor has been unsuccessfully contesting for the last 2 years.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ihavenothing said:
Criminalization of homosexuality and banning of abortions don't appeal to all Liberal voters like you either
I'm not a Liberal voter ....

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
katie_tully said:
Considering that the ones the scandal will hurt the most (the farmers) generally vote Liberal, I fail to see why Rudd yapping on about AWB will compell anybody to vote Labor.
You seemed to have forgotten about the National Party (which represents the majority of farmers) and how the scandal may endanger the coalition. And with the American lawyers coming in to sue I'm sure the government would love what that is doing for the US Alliance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)