• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Running Bigpond Next G wireless broadband on Macbook with Leopard - HELP!! (1 Viewer)

sarlovesyou

HSC
Hi Guys,

Just got rid of my practically new Dell inspirion 1720 because it keep zapping me, and got a Macbook.

I had Next G bigpond wireless broadband running on the Dell, and "apparently" or so my tech help guy tells me, Leopard is yet to be able to run ANY Bigpond internet?

Bigpond released a non accredited update which is supposed to fix this problem in the short term, but I still cannot seem to get things right!

http://bigpond.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigpond.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_page=1&display=content&p_faqid=12192 - Link to Update.

Any ideas on how to go about fixing this? Or what to do next?

My last resort is down grading my 24month contract to the lowest cap and just getting a new provider - but I think that may be a bit extreme!

TIA

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Firstly, Leopard is not at fault. Don't blame Leopard. Leopard rawks. Blame Telstra, boo telstra!

"Disclaimer: BigPond will not support the above software on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) at present and BigPond makes no warranties with respect to the software. Mac OS X 10.5 customers who use this software do so at their own risk."

Unless you want to write your own software, you're screwed until Telstra get off their lazy arse and provide support for a current operating system. Email them and say you will take your business elsewhere if they don't provide software compatible with Leopard.

sarlovesyou

HSC
Dont Fear, I heart Leopard. I will be converted for life I'm thinking.

Telstra... Now thats an entire different rant. I had a lovely chat with "Jesse" as bigpond, I just got very angery and dissapointed. When Vista was new, support was very fast and the tech's actually knew what the hell was going on.

Last edited:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
sarlovesyou said:
Dont Fear, I heart Leopard. I will be converted for life I'm thinking.

Telstra... Now thats an entire different rant. I had a lovely chat with "Jesse" as bigpond, I just got very angery and dissapointed. When Vista was new, support was very fast and the tech's actually knew what the hell was going on.
That a girl <3

Telstra are fucking useless. Do you really need Next G?

sarlovesyou

HSC
Really Have no Idea if Next G is essential?

Only got it because:

1. Am a boarder and hate restricted access to things like internet banking, email, sites for legal that have content concerning terrorism etc

2. Im not paying, and they did a good sale pitch.

3. I dont have access to a phone line etc

All I really want, is internet that works?

Anonymous1

HSC
回复: Running Bigpond Next G wireless broadband on Macbook with Leopard - HELP!!

Just run Windows through Bootcamp till it becomes compatible with Mac software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)