Russia and the Soviet Union: role of ideology in soviet foreign policy? (1 Viewer)

jojosiwa123

HSC
Dot point:
the Soviet state under Stalin: – the role of ideology in Soviet foreign policy 1917–1941
which ideology specifically is this referring to?
how could I structure this essay and what points could I make reference to

mmmm.

HSC
It's referring to Bolshevik Ideology, and how it has changed from 1917-41. I would talk about how national state interest combined with desire for survival were the main driving factors influencing foreign policy under Lenin and Stalin. Ultimately > Ideology was sacrificed for national state interest

e.g. During civil war, The ideology of Bolshevism was changed as they were originally opposed to idea of an ‘armed working class’, however the Red Army became more/less traditional standing army of working class, peasant draftees. NEP and how people believed lenin was selling out to communism.

The land decree would be an attempt to soon start collectivisation which would occur 10 years later, however it went away from their ideology, the land decree took away land from the private owners. It sets up misery for the kulaks. Lenin issued the Decree on Land, to allow farmers to gain access to land which the provisional government denied, in hopes to gain support from peasants despite it going against Bolshevik ideology.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)