RUSSIA (1 Viewer)

Kewl1234

HSC
Can anyone please explain the immediate aftermath of the power struggle between trotsky and stalin...i can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks

Dragon9000

HSC
N/A
This is what I have from my notes, which I am going to expand upon a bit here:

Stalin was in total control of the Party. Leading figures were removed from the Politburo and expelled from the party (e.g. Zinoviev, Kamenev and Trotsky). These figures would either escape and lay low or end up in the Show Trials, confessing to crimes and being executed. Soon after the power struggle, Stalin painted them as disloyal to Lenin.

Stalin now able to fill key party positions with his own appointments by controlling the party, he could get rid of any opposition from within the party and replace them with loyal supporters and pass whatever he wanted the country to do.

Now aimed to modernise and industrialise the Soviet Union with the goal to catch up to the West within 10 years. Stalin felt that industrialisation was important to become as powerful as America, as well as to ensure that the USSR in the future would not have to rely on the capitalist West for resources.

Anyway that's what I had. I could expand it further but that should give you at least some ideas as to what happened after the power struggle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)