rwanda genocide - 10 year anniversery please reaad (1 Viewer)

guy

HSC
10 years ago, the Hutu's (a tribe) began killing the tutsis (another tribe) as it was now government policy. These two tribes where the main popuation in Rwanda, but many had intermarried and were neighbours/friends, but still the parents, children and elderly where killed because the radio told them they were rats that had to be rid of. Also if you did not kill you were on the list to die

800 000 people were killed in 100 days, largely by machete. many consider the death toll to exceed a million. thousands sought sanctuary in churches, only to find themselves trapped by the pastors who led the military to them.

eventually the hutus couldn't find anymore tutsis, but they still tried every day, untill a tutsi rebel army came through and ended it. The hutus, scared for there life left rwanda to seek asylum. so rwanda was left completely empty, except for 800 000 dead bodies that paved the roads houses and even wells

so something like 3000 die in the world trade centers... and look how the media responds. 800 000 die in ways such has getting there archiles tendons cut and left for dead, and no international support, no coverage by the media (untill after).

also, there was a small article pages into a newspaper (telegraph?) recently where a man got his 16 year old son and friend, and when they decided to go rape someone they went into an asian ladies house, tied up her parents, and raped her infront of them. (took turns). Imagine, how the media would have responded if the rapists where lebanese?

euripidies

Yes and who trained the Hutu's the French just another example of western imperialism. Even the head of the UN said they knew what was going on but did nothing to change it.

Alexander

Gold Member
This is a commemoration of unspeakable acts. Not a time to sit on your fat arse attempting to sound smug about the fact that you have no obligation or feelings for the event.
"HA! These people caused this, and these people did nothing to prevent it--im just happy with the knowledge that it was someone else's cock-up, not mine."
I hate you.

euripidies

"This is a commemoration of unspeakable acts. Not a time to sit on your fat arse attempting to sound smug about the fact that you have no obligation or feelings for the event.
"HA! These people caused this, and these people did nothing to prevent it--im just happy with the knowledge that it was someone else's cock-up, not mine."
I hate you.'

I never said that this event wasn't appalling I was just giving you added information seeing that your such an Apathetic little f**ker. Just letting you know that the west knew all about it and did nothing.

Alexander

Gold Member
Last time I checked, you're apart of the west, and YOU did nothing too. There's no point playing the blame game now, it's a time for rebuilding. Give to Oxfam, petition the gov. for aid, but dont just sit in your little self-assured world and pretend it's too big for anyone to handle.

euripidies

"Last time I checked, you're apart of the west, and YOU did nothing too"

Hang on but I was 7 years old when it happened. Also if the media doesnt report on it then how am I going to know?

"but dont just sit in your little self-assured world and pretend it's too big for anyone to handle."

Too big problems to handle what are you talking about your making so many assumptions its not funny. Youve just attacking me because I posted facts that you dont like.

Aerials

your member for ulladulla
HSC
hey guys enough... its degrading the thread :(

lest we forget

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)