• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

S-S-S-Summer Session [School] at UWS??? (2 Viewers)

klh

HSC
huh?
url: link
UWS said:
Summer Session 2006

Summer session enrolment will open on Monday 24 October and close on Friday 2 December 2005.

Classes commence from Monday 9 January.

Further details will be available from 17 October.
Hmmm, thinking of accelerating? want to catch up on or redo units? Think about it...
Ofcourse CQU is an alternative too...Dunno wha tunits UWS are gonna offer or whether it only offers to certain schools [which would be sad]. Also, its non-award, so you will need to submit academic credit forms for summer units done.
I found out by my International friend student in my group, was surprised and pleased so i thought id let you people know too just in case ;)

CQU is ermm how do you say....easy? a friend sad her got credits for work that would earn p's at UWS....

happy studying

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Don't have time for summer school. I don't even think tourism subjects would run.

Got 10 weeks = 400 hours industrial experience to do :(

klh

HSC
theone123 said:
link for CQU?
sorry...here it islink this is the international campus @ sydney so yeah...
btw, its full fee, not government subsidise hecs oh wait i mean c'wealth supported place, so you have to pay upfront like the rest of them. my friend said tha tit was a little cheaper than uws full fee. i saw his notice....7 grand per semester, ouch eh?

there there cape, by the way things look, i doubt not many subjects that i want to enrol in run. i think they run the foundation ones of those ones that operate in 2 semesters as tehyll get the most students. i dunno though, but witht he financila situation of uws in doubt, its a bit of a pickle...

id love work exp. 400 hrs? cool lol

edit: UWS max enrolment in Summer School is like 2 subjeects though...or form what ive heard anyway.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
No! work exp isn't cool. Bye bye chrissy holidays :(

theone123

blue essence
HSC
klh said:
sorry...here it islink this is the international campus @ sydney so yeah...
btw, its full fee, not government subsidise hecs oh wait i mean c'wealth supported place, so you have to pay upfront like the rest of them. my friend said tha tit was a little cheaper than uws full fee. i saw his notice....7 grand per semester, ouch eh?

there there cape, by the way things look, i doubt not many subjects that i want to enrol in run. i think they run the foundation ones of those ones that operate in 2 semesters as tehyll get the most students. i dunno though, but witht he financila situation of uws in doubt, its a bit of a pickle...

id love work exp. 400 hrs? cool lol

edit: UWS max enrolment in Summer School is like 2 subjeects though...or form what ive heard anyway.
forget it i cant afford full fee

Jonathan A

HSC
Many SUmmer School units are ceasing. Instead it will be called "Quarter 1". I am planning on doing two units probably Family Law and Advanced Criminal Law or Alternative Dispute Resolution.

klh

HSC
Jonathan A said:
Many SUmmer School units are ceasing. Instead it will be called "Quarter 1". I am planning on doing two units probably Family Law and Advanced Criminal Law or Alternative Dispute Resolution.
by the sound of that, summer session or Q1 is opening but do you know of any certain schools, or most schools opeing? obviously law is. would you know?

theone123, yeah i was gonna scrap it but im looking for any loan schemes before i ttoally scrap it, someoen mentioned somewhere else about national bank loans schemes for students are really good...

Jonathan A

HSC
Schools I think are planning on it at the moment. There is no real opening as of yet. Check with your course coordinator.

I know Law has openings, including business degree units such as Intro to Business Law.

klh

HSC
thats q1 2005, we want 2006 cape...[edit]and it also says no timetabled units so maybe your right but its not up yet, still in consideration...[edit2] but there are some for law...

Thansk Jonothan.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its the 2005 timetable, but if you click on the unit, it will say available:

....... 2006
....... 2006
....... 2005
....... 2005.

Me think UWS people are being lazy and not creating a new timetable :)

donkeydrop

HSC
Jonathan A said:
Hi Jonathan,

Just wondering where are u going to do those units? I want to do Torts Law or maybe Criminal law during the break. Is it true that i can do some units at for example USYD or UTS?

thanks

Trinitytrinity

HSC
N/A
donkeydrop said:
Hi Jonathan,

Just wondering where are u going to do those units? I want to do Torts Law or maybe Criminal law during the break. Is it true that i can do some units at for example USYD or UTS?

thanks
As far as I know you can't do any of core subjects in summer school. :(

Jonathan A

HSC
Some cores can be done during the break. The Law School does not offer them for the LLB unless you want to do Revenue Law or a later core. If you do business, the Introduction to Business Law unit is generally offered.

L

LaraB

question - does anyone do or know what busines units for HRM/IR have or are generally offered for summer school?

coz i was planning next year on, doing some summer school to get em outa the way but if they're not offered its kinda poitnless...

coz i'm doing a combined degree so i only have core subjects plus 1 elective for business so yeah, not really much free choice

theone123

blue essence
HSC
donkeydrop said:
Hi Jonathan,

thanks
that whould be called cross institutional studies, but i even doubt the uni's you mentioned have much openings...

Jonathan A

HSC
The University generally does not allow students to perform cross-institutional studies where they are offering the same unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)