salaries for vets (2 Viewers)

Arithela

HSC
anyone able to give me a rough estimate of salaries for vets?

cs01001

HSC
I don't know the rough estimate, but I heard they get pretty shit pays in Australia, but get paid really well overseas ie. in the US.

Last edited:

Arithela

HSC
just googled it, 50k seems like average salary for vets with 5+ years experience, which is relatively low compared to say commerce graduates

are there any reasons as to why vets earn relatively lower salaries than other graduates?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
I heard from a vet friend of mine that, if you are after money, don't do vet. Not worth it. You do it because you really really really really dig it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Arithela said:
just googled it, 50k seems like average salary for vets with 5+ years experience, which is relatively low compared to say commerce graduates

are there any reasons as to why vets earn relatively lower salaries than other graduates?
whoa. that's miniscule :s

Arithela

HSC
so any valid reasons why their salaries are so low? overseas they are earnign nearly double in later years

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I know vets have a relatively low graduate starting salary but I always thought it got better with time. I'd expect them to make a lot for the amount we've paid in vet bills

boris

Banned
HSC
ari89 said:
I know vets have a relatively low graduate starting salary but I always thought it got better with time. I'd expect them to make a lot for the amount we've paid in vet bills
only if they go into private practice, not if theyre working for sombody like the RSPCA

Skater_bum

HSC
ari89 said:
mmm your avatar

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
but tbh my av is pretty awesome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)