• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Salaries in the big 4 accounting? (1 Viewer)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
This is basically in response to the hierachy of the big 4 post. Was wondering if any1 could give me a general indication of the wages/salaries earned at each level??

Thanks

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Do some searching through the commerce threads.

Guaranteed you will find a thread like this quite recently with pdf's of grad salary levels and the progression of them.

Nobody is going to spoon-feed you here.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Indeed. Search around. BRW, Hays, etc... they are usually not too far off the mark; but mind you, they don't take into account the most up to date salaries (i.e. last year certain grades had a huge boost) but it'll do. At the end of the day, it won't match private sector for a grad salary, but in terms of career progression model (i.e. you can see where you will be in the next 5-10 years and know what is required of you in order to be promoted to the next level), Big4 (and accounting firms in general) offer you much more.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
noob question: what are the big 4 firms??

PwC??

Edit: KPMG, Deloitte, PWC, EY.

correct?

Last edited:

leoyh

mic`
HSC
from what my brother tells me, who works at pwc, the base salary for a first year graduate is around 45-50K. and you get pay rises whilst you're doing your CA too. a cadet for most firms is a flat out 30K or so. and partners, at PWC anyway, base salary i hear is 1mil, and thats excluding bonuses and all the other shit they get. pretty good if u ask me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)