• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sales and Customer Service (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

What does a sales and customer service position involve?

alien

HSC
depends where.
helping customers in some way. finding stuff/finding info, that sort of thing. where is it at?

G

Gavvvvvin

I dunno....I think the woman I was speaking to mentioned something about selling spring water to stores....

alien

HSC
that sounds like being a salesperson=paid commission=not so good.
customer service is easy, usually you can help the customers so they're all grateful and stuff. but being a salesman, that's what my dad used to do. i wouldn't recommend it cos if you work all day and only make a few sales, you only get paid commission for those few sales even though you worked all day. i'd avoid a job like that. maybe go for something that's just customer service and not sales

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Who is the job with? That migt give some insight... I'd imagine customer service is anything dealing with customers. You'd provide services to customers for the profit of the business while being paid award wages.. ie. A job requiring no/low-skilled labour.

...if it's not a job at a retail store, it's might be similar to what a 'rep' (company representative) does - goes into retail stores, and hopes to make the positioning of the product in that particular store better... however most of the people I've seen who do this are just out of uni, having finished marketing degrees....

Is this a job you're going for? -- this'd be a perfect question for the interview....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)