• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sales/Marketing tips? Please? (2 Viewers)

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Hey people, you know about those tables/stands that they set up in shopping centres etc to promote walk-bys to join a charity society like the Red Cross?! What are some tips to greet them and break the ice, and still be professional...and also what are some phrases, words that you ca use to coerce them to join? What can make them stop walking on?

What has worked for you? I really need some tips! :) Thanks!

Last edited:

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
natstar said:
as a marketer I officially hate these people. ok I know they are doing their jobs, but some of them are so fucked stupid at it. Example- i was walking through a shopping center past a stand promoting donating blood. Dude goes to me "have you donated blood latley", me "no", dude "why not", me "none of your business".
I mean you dont ask customers why they have bot donated blood, its a person thing.
Well actually, the point of the campaign is to illustrate the importance of blood donations that EVERYBODY needs at some time in their life and suggest that if there isn't a reason stopping you, you should be donating blood regularly.

Anyway, some tips -

As a person approaches you need to categorise them and greet them differently depending on what sorts of (valid) generalisations you have made about them.
Think about things like:
- are they alone or with one friend, or with family, or in a big group
- are they young/middle-aged/old
- do they look happy/sad/angry/running late

Make eye-contact with the person as you approach and try to use a greeting that would seem appropriate to the person, for example - more manners and respect for older people, more casual for younger people.

One other thing - you have to believe in what you are marketing to them. If you believe they really should buy it, they will agree. (think for example when a sales assistant says a top looks great on you and everyone in the shop is agreeing, you agree to)

Hope that helps a bit...maybe...

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
natstar said:
I'm aware of that, and I have given blood before, just not latley. I just mean that the manner that I was appraoched was rude and unprofessional. You dont just ask someone why they have not given blood, I could have aids or cancer for all they know
While perhaps their approach was rude as you say, I think that is the whole point of the campaign and that is what they've been instructed to say.
The majority of Australians do not give blood regularly and do not have any reason not to, so they seek to challenge some of those people...

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
I had one asshole pretend to know me and then as i was explaining I am not david he started his rant....

or you could just have a good product and people want to come up to you, like I did with oxfam only to be told I needed to be told I need to be over 21

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
That's why a lot of orsum marketers are chicks.

Or stazi :eek:

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
just look pretty..

if the girl is pretty i'll usually just stop and talk to her about stuff
other stuff heaheheahae
and then it leads to the makreting stuff such as donating blood etc.. .lol

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Well, I basically stood there like a wallflower on my first day.

It's getting better now, after some tantrums with my folks etc. I'm keeping it until my incentive weeks run out lol.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Dingo2004 said:
just look pretty..

if the girl is pretty i'll usually just stop and talk to her about stuff
other stuff heaheheahae
and then it leads to the makreting stuff such as donating blood etc.. .lol
Haha, I think that's what they wanted at the pharmacy where I work.

All the pharmacist assistants are girls. All of them very pretty. Customers like. :eek:

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
Most of the time i see a marketing promoter i just walk by like they don't exist (like most people).
However this one time i was walking through a train station and this guy in a suit tried to shake my hand, my natural response was to shake it, even though i had no intention to even glance at him.
I walked off without saying anything but i still remember this as an interesting tactic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)