Sc Answers (1 Viewer)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
Hey guys for the sc for history their was that section where it was like an advertisement i think it was about joining in the AIF or something,who was the audience aimed at, everyone in my school had different answers.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
You should of posted in 'SC exam thoughts' I wrote that the AIF poster was targeted at men and potential recruits because the infantry was only for fit males.

HSC
gadbil said:
Hey guys for the sc for history their was that section where it was like an advertisement i think it was about joining in the AIF or something,who was the audience aimed at, everyone in my school had different answers.
I wrote it was aimed at young men, and men were encouraged to join it because AIF was written in large bold writing AND because it had an "attractive young women" on it.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
gadbil said:
I wrote it was aimed at young men; potential recruits who were fit and able to join the army. Also the ad had a woman in it so I related that to the 'duty to your girlfriends/wives' feeling the government tried to permeate.

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
I dont know what got into me, i wrote it was aimed for men then changed it to women i'm such an idiot.

HSC
gadbil said:
I dont know what got into me, i wrote it was aimed for men then changed it to women i'm such an idiot.
well, if u had a good reason for why it was aimed at women you could still get the marks. :)

K o k o

The Calling
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
well, if u had a good reason for why it was aimed at women you could still get the marks. :)
Nah, i doubt that... :rolleyes:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
i think i wrote women...XP cos in the text, the word 'man' was emphasised by an italic font, and so was the word 'you'. and remember there was a sentence 'it's a man's job'? so maybe they're trying to emphasise that it's often for man but they're offering it for women, who should now take the chance to prove that they can do the job equally well? or maybe i'm just overthinking this...i mean, in the poster it also said that there were vacancies in tanks and stuff of the sort...i think some jobs looked like auxiliary work (which as you know, some women had taken part in WWII), but i'm not quite sure about the others...argh i'm not thinking about this now! it's gonna be nearly a month till i get my results back anyway! not that i can do anything now if my answer's wrong...:p

Jerruy

HSC
AIF is defined as:
The Australian Imperial Force (AIF) was the name given to two all-volunteer Australian Army forces dispatched to fight overseas during World War I and World War II. It doesn't say men or women.

BUT..
http://www.womenaustralia.info/biogs/IMP0263b.htm says

AIF Women's Association (1940 - 1946)

The AIF Women's Association was established in 1940, by the wives of six service officers. The main purpose was to bring together, in fellowship and understanding, the womenfolk of the men on active service so that they could help each other in time of need. The Melbourne City Council provided rent-free premises at 437, and later 435A, Collins Street Melbourne. Here the women could seek assistance or advice, have a cup of tea or leave a child while attending the doctor, dentist or an urgent appointment

so... both could be right.

Another stupid blunder by the board of studies

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Exactly, as long as you had some relevant information to back up your argument, they'll give you points :)

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
AIF (men in WWI and WWII)...women were not conscripted until WWII, and the army service for women was not called the AIF, but the AWAS (Australian women army service)...therefore the answer was men...

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
drynxz said:
AIF (men in WWI and WWII)...women were not conscripted until WWII, and the army service for women was not called the AIF, but the AWAS (Australian women army service)...therefore the answer was men...
nonetheless, there WERE women in the auxiliary parts of the army...

HSC
Jerruy said:
AIF is defined as:
The Australian Imperial Force (AIF) was the name given to two all-volunteer Australian Army forces dispatched to fight overseas during World War I and World War II. It doesn't say men or women.

BUT..
http://www.womenaustralia.info/biogs/IMP0263b.htm says

AIF Women's Association (1940 - 1946)

The AIF Women's Association was established in 1940, by the wives of six service officers. The main purpose was to bring together, in fellowship and understanding, the womenfolk of the men on active service so that they could help each other in time of need. The Melbourne City Council provided rent-free premises at 437, and later 435A, Collins Street Melbourne. Here the women could seek assistance or advice, have a cup of tea or leave a child while attending the doctor, dentist or an urgent appointment

so... both could be right.

Another stupid blunder by the board of studies
LOL!

Actually, now that you've written (typed...) that, I'm almost positive the mark/s will be given (if you put women OR men) if you gave a good reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)