Sc Thinking (1 Viewer)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
Hey what do you guys reckon on the sc this year, i have a feeling this yr is going to be really difficult because last yrs was so easy. What do you think?

Destiny101

HSC
I hope it's not too difficult - nevertheless I feel quite prepared for the exams. I have done consistent study throughout the year and currently I am just going to do some revision just in case. Don't worry about it too much - SC is not a huge deal...

klaw

HSC
I reckon those BS choose more than one answer multiple choice would be there again. Learn from my mistakes and read the instructions.

Destiny101

HSC
Have you guys started studying or just taking it easy? Anyways - how do you people study for English..just curious and what subjects have u decided to do next year?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I have studied for the english SC by doing past exams, remembering literary techniques/terms, etc and by doing multiple choice questions online from previous exams.

HSC
N/A
I think it's fairly safe to say that the SC will not be much different to last year, or any year.

It is always, always - pretty damn easy.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
All we've been doing in school for the past 2 weeks are the old SC papers, so I don't think I'm going to bother doing any study at home.
I don't think there's much to study for anyway because I've covered everything in the syllabus.

Destiny101

HSC
Yeah same here...we have done tonnes of revision and past papers at school - it is getting quite repetitive/monotonous.

However, are u guys looking forward to year 11 and 12? What subjects have u picked? Did u get the subjects you wanted to do?

Anyways, I have chosen:

Maths Extension 1
English Extension 1
Biology
Chemistry
Business Studies

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I think me posting my sig here might be beneficial :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Destiny101 said:
Yeah same here...we have done tonnes of revision and past papers at school - it is getting quite repetitive/monotonous.

However, are u guys looking forward to year 11 and 12? What subjects have u picked? Did u get the subjects you wanted to do?

Anyways, I have chosen:

Maths Extension 1
English Extension 1
Biology
Chemistry
Business Studies
Im sorta not looking forward to yr 11 because im changing schools, im going to a selective school and they've already started their yr 10's on their yr 11 subject selections. So i'll be majorly behind when i go there.

There's another thread on subjects.

I choose

Mathematics
Maths Ext 1
Adv Eng
Chem
Physics
Economics
Modern History

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Of all the past papers I attempted, I reckon the 2003 paper was the hardest.
I'm so glad I didn't have to do the 2003 SCTs officially, especially English and Maths, because in English, one of the writing tasks was a freakin essay! Also in Maths there was this weird Fibonacci sequence thing which I could not work out when I came across it, until our teacher showed us. Last year's paper was alright I reckon. I wonder what you guys will get for your English writing tasks. That section often comes up with creative and interesting questions. I mean, look at last year's writing task II:
Imagine you have been asked to present a formal speech to an adult audience.
The topic for this speech is "The youth of today fail to meet society's expectations".
The purpose of your speech is to persuade the audience to agree with your point of view by presenting a well-supported argument, for or against the statement.

That question attracted some media attention last year.

So make the most of it, you guys are the last year 10s in NSW to not have to do a compulsory Computing Skills exam.....

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
oh, the 2003 is me!

i dont remember the actual exams but my scores were:

eng - 87
maths - 97
sci - 86
hist - 88
geo - 90
so yeah, i did alright for some, not so well for others

oh haha i think i rememeber that speech thing! :p

btw, seriously guys (and girls) feel free to PM about my books if you need them

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
What's everyone doing for the remainder of the term after the SC?
Year 10 get to go on holidays 2 weeks earlier and apparently we'll be doing some 'senior preparation'.

Destiny101

HSC
After SC - we have Work Experience, End of Year Picnic [which is sooo boring/crap] and then afterwards we have our Graduation & Presentation Night!

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Destiny101 said:

Anyways, I have chosen:

Maths Extension 1
English Extension 1
Biology
Chemistry
Business Studies
I'm looking forward to year 11 and 12, mainly because I will be doing the subjects that I want to (and no more P.E.!!).
I got the subjects I wanted as follows:

English (Advanced)
English Extension 1
Maths Extension 1
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Legal Studies (not too different to yours, Destiny!)

I really, really, really wanted to do Music 2 but I despise the creative arts faculty at my school. They're evil.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Destiny101 said:
After SC - we have Work Experience, End of Year Picnic [which is sooo boring/crap] and then afterwards we have our Graduation & Presentation Night!
Lol... picnic....
Oh well we have a "Crossroads camp", that we have to attend or else (or so they say...) we won't be allowed to go onto Year 11.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
have fun yr10ers these are ur last few weeks of bludging and sleeping in class ! good luck btw with your SC, its not hard so don't stress that much ..

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Hey, I heard that the DET only allowed this year's Year 10s to sign out 2/3 weeks before the end of term 4 at the earliest. That's because about half of last year's Year 10 (us, as Class of 2006) statewide, signed out straight after the SC. Since the teachers cannot go onto the Preliminary course and have nothing else to teach and the students will learn nothing relevent until they receive their results and certificate, there were heaps of Year 10s roaming the streets and bludging last year (statewide). So according to my Maths teacher as of this year onwards, you cannot leave until week 8 the earliest. Otherwise your spot will be considered vacant....haha lol. We got to sign out earlier than you guys!
But then again, someone please confirm this.......

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Trebla said:
Hey, I heard that the DET only allowed this year's Year 10s to sign out 2/3 weeks before the end of term 4 at the earliest. That's because about half of last year's Year 10 (us, as Class of 2006) statewide, signed out straight after the SC. Since the teachers cannot go onto the Preliminary course and have nothing else to teach and the students will learn nothing relevent until they receive their results and certificate, there were heaps of Year 10s roaming the streets and bludging last year (statewide). So according to my Maths teacher as of this year onwards, you cannot leave until week 8 the earliest. Otherwise your spot will be considered vacant....haha lol. We got to sign out earlier than you guys!
But then again, someone please confirm this.......
It's true, it's true. Thanks alot last year's Year 10!
However alot of Year 10ers are signing out regardless after the SC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)