scaling down?? (1 Viewer)

ae

HSC
truly in bliss,

which textbooks you use, and give opinions on each please.
i want to buy some books for own use, dont know which one to consider

Sykes?
Chapman?
Leading Edge?

thx

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
sykes and codsi ones are the best, the first chapter is dodgy.....the rest is pretty good...

chapman is a lil detailed..some of the stuff u relaly dont need it..always check the syllabus when ur using the chapman

leading edge is also good, i use that in conjunction with the skyes and codsi one

excel is too brief for meeh i look at it last and so is the hineman one.....i lyk the mind maps in it, and it does have some itnesting case studies in it, but a lil too brief at times and the terminologies (especialli for finance) variations really complciates my understanding... cuz i found myself spenign a lot of time just trying to match up chapman and sykes and codsi's terminologies with the hineman one

bulmer is okies, i used that last because soemtimes it doesnt relaly cover the main areas, but it is v good with details, and the case studes at the end up chaters are also good.

and i also ofund this quote from AGB a while bk...(direct quote)

*also there is this study guide that is really good - it has like a purple cover and i think a guy called dhall wrote it....it is pretty detailed but really worth it....*

and we had a thread abt it a while bk...general discussion on textbooks..

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4406

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ae
which textbooks you use, Sykes
we got issued with sykes in class, and its the only book i use and i go well..
and with the extended responses (whether it be the biz report or the essay), DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WRITE IT LIKE AN ENGLISH ESSAY!!! they WANT to see diagrams, dot points,etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)