Scaling In Separate Modules? (1 Viewer)

sub

hey does anyone know if separate modules get scaled within themselves? ie would cloudstreet get scaled separately to the speeches section even though they're in the same module? cos apparently speeches in the mod b section were much easier to do than cloudstreet and other prose texts.

nomz

the speeches were so not easier to do!!!!!!! you had to learn 12 different contexts, techniques, auidiences etc... incase they specified... which thank God they didn't. The question allowed us to choose the two speeches that we thought would be the most appropriate to respond to the question. But it didn't make it easy! It still required a high level of understanding and syncronising. I don't think there is scaling in individual modules... and there shouldn't be! The texts all have there own strengths and weaknesses!

sub

i agree, but i was using u guys as a scape goat to blame my woes...let me winge in peace!!

nomz

lol.. no sorry for the harshness... i'm still really annoyed at myself coz i stuffed up the whole exam big time. And it wasn't that i didn't know stuff - i just go blank and can't write nothing... so i'm so screwed for english... and i thought i'd let some of my anger out on you!

sub

hey no prob mate...use me as a punching bag whenver u want...i dun no u...and i dun think i ever will. so sure feel free...just dont email me...
and i was annoyed too, but WHO CARES....ENG IS DEAD AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED...
no more...never ever...and then some! :p

Candypants

No; you get scaled according to the performance of your classmates, not other people who did the same module.

sub

so everyone who did cloudstreet and fuked up, get scaled by ppl who did well in speeches and other stuff...
there IS light at the end of the tunnel... :)

unfortunately its stuck to a train...our school does shit in eng every year. :(

pungpui

HSC
my teacher is a hsc english judger (ie after all the initial marking is done they sit in a group n alter the bands n what students did to achieve bands and wateva) and although he didnt specifically say each text gets scalled differently, the way it works is they sit there and look at what students getting eg 18's, 19's, 20's did, then compared them to the 15's 16's and 17's and then they'll move the bands to get a more even outlay...

so what i'm saying is although you might get a 15 fr your essay initially, they may bump you up or down depending on what you did. I dont understand how they can do that for a whole module...so i'm guessing its done for each text (or question)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)