Scheduling Times for Returning Shows and Anticipated Shows! (3 Viewers)

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Hey! Heres a list from research i have done, phones, internet, etc that I probably should share!

Here Ya Go!

ANGELS IN AMERICA
June 8/9/10 ( NEXT WEEK EVERYONE!!!)
8:30pm, ABC TV

WILL & GRACE, Season 6
Channel 7 will play new episodes later in the year, after the olympics. Will definitely air, or so they say...

THATS OVER A YEAR w/out WILL & GRACE! AARGH!

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, Season 1
Channel 7 have the rights to this, and they are looking at playing the whole season later in the year, or next year. I actually expect this to play in non-ratings over Christmas, but I could be wrong. I got the impression that they didn't know what to do with it - the lady in programming didn't even know that channel 7 had the rights to it! Aargh!

KATH & KIM, Season 3
Has just finished shooting and is currently in post-production. Expect a premiere straight after the olympics. There are 8 episodes to air on the ABC.

SEX AND THE CITY, the rest of season 6
After the olympics - channel 9 are aiming to finish everything at the same time in the last week of the ratings period. Around September return in that case.

FRIENDS, the rest of season 10 (9)
Will end in the last week of ratings, and there will be new episodes splashed around with a ton of repeats during the olympics and state of origin. :(
*runs into the woods screaming

CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, seasons 3 & 4
Channel 9 has bought both, but they are yet to be classified. (Who knows how long this takes, though.) Expect it towards the end of the year, very late on Monday night like the last 2 seasons.

FRASIER, seasons 10 and 11
Will be played weeknights after the olympics and will end towards the end of non-ratings. There will be about 2 and a half months of new episodes, then. Channel 9. About bloody time. :(

THE WEST WING, season 5
Channel 9 has it and it will also play after the olympics, later in the year - to end at the same time as the above shows.

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
ahh ty..
i think many people saw but too lazy post:p
but ty:D

Collin

HSC
N/A
The only show I want back is Seven Days, man I loved that show. Erm, especially the theme song lol

And The Twins of Destiny, some cartoon which used to be on the ABC years and years ago (I'm probably gonna get flamed for this one lol)

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by Nate Berkus
FRIENDS, the rest of season 10 (9)
Will end in the last week of ratings, and there will be new episodes splashed around with a ton of repeats during the olympics and state of origin. :(
*runs into the woods screaming
That does not surprise me in the least. At this rate we will get one new episode a month virtually. Hufuckingray. Why didn't they just start the season later in the year and stop farting around with repeats? I will never understand television. Spose it doesn't help that season 10 is about 7-8 episodes shorter than normal. argh.

Hey Nate, how'd you actually get around to compiling this (and do you know anything about Providence :p? Tis cool... :D

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
The only show I want back is Seven Days, man I loved that show. Erm, especially the theme song lol
I think its still on fox8 mid-day... well it was a little while ago..coz i became addicted..

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC

THATS OVER A YEAR w/out WILL & GRACE! AARGH!
Arrena shows repeats every sat morning... yes repeats but still funny as hell

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Providence ended on Channel 7 Last year! Didnt You watch it? It was one of the most beautiful and emotional episodes of television I've ever seen! I cried, really cried during the wedding. It airs now on W on Cable TV, and Melina Kanakaredes can be seen on the upcoming CSI - New York

7 Days - Isnt That Cancelled or ended?

Will & Grace - Oh God! On Arena, Im getting sick of it. I love this show, but the repeats are NEVER ENDING!

Fry

Originally posted by chepas
I will never understand television.

what you should say is that you will never understand channel 9. that network messes around with every show they have. they show repeats in the middle of a new season, episodes aren't shown in order, they label them as season finales when they're not, axe perfectly good shows just because they are not meeting their 'expectations', change the timeslot of a show around and if they arent doing well then they dump em in the graveyard timeslot, and they stop airing episodes mid-way through the season and then show them almost half a year later. e.g. gilmore girls, csi, without a trace, smallville, the OC, West Wing, and every other show they have.

im just glad The OC is now channel 10's hands. at least they will treat that show with respect!

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
^very true.. i especially get pissed off when they muck around with CSI.. why the hell do they have to repeats in the middle of a current season??

Collin

HSC
N/A
7 Days - Isnt That Cancelled or ended?
Cancelled.. WAHHHHH!!!

Originally posted by eLmo
I think its still on fox8 mid-day... well it was a little while ago..coz i became addicted..
I LOVED that show.. I was so confused when Seven (I think it was Seven) just suddenly axed it :chainsaw:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
And The Twins of Destiny, some cartoon which used to be on the ABC years and years ago (I'm probably gonna get flamed for this one lol)
i loved that cartoon too! bloody old school man

chepas

HSC
Providence ended on Channel 7 Last year! Didnt You watch it?
Hell yeah, but I never realised it was the last one EVER! NOOOOo... I always thought it would continue on! Obviously not. Left some nice issues unresolved I reckon then!
Originally posted by Fry
what you should say is that you will never understand channel 9. that network messes around with every show they have. they show repeats in the middle of a new season, episodes aren't shown in order, they label them as season finales when they're not, axe perfectly good shows just because they are not meeting their 'expectations', change the timeslot of a show around and if they arent doing well then they dump em in the graveyard timeslot, and they stop airing episodes mid-way through the season and then show them almost half a year later. e.g. gilmore girls, csi, without a trace, smallville, the OC, West Wing, and every other show they have.

im just glad The OC is now channel 10's hands. at least they will treat that show with respect!
Mmm, point... but channel 10 aren't without their sins. That Friends/Oprah thing last night, I counted about 9 minutes of show, then the 3 minutes of ads, then 3 minutes of show, then 3 minutes of ads... This continued bascially for the rest of the show. Now I know that its commercial TV and yeah that's how they earn money, but for xrying out loud, it hardly allows for good continuity and flow for the audience watching it!

^ Random rant. :D

Fry

Hell yeah, but I never realised it was the last one EVER! NOOOOo... I always thought it would continue on! Obviously not. Left some nice issues unresolved I reckon then!
Mmm, point... but channel 10 aren't without their sins. That Friends/Oprah thing last night, I counted about 9 minutes of show, then the 3 minutes of ads, then 3 minutes of show, then 3 minutes of ads... This continued bascially for the rest of the show. Now I know that its commercial TV and yeah that's how they earn money, but for xrying out loud, it hardly allows for good continuity and flow for the audience watching it!

^ Random rant. :D
well you gotta give them some credit as they showed it during primetime and Oprah is a daytime show. she always has the biggest guest stars on her show and i always miss out cos im never at home during the day! :mad:

Fry

oh, and another point i could make is that maybe Oprah was only granted a limited amount of time to chat with the cast so they had to use ads to fill in the time (to reach one hour).

channel 10 doesnt control the way the show is formatted or stuctured..the production company or the US network that owns the show does. they decide where to put in the ads and then sell them to other overseas countries. Oprah is directed by the crew to cut to commercial breaks so not channel 10's fault. :)

hehe..you can tell im a channel 10 supporter.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
That does not surprise me in the least. At this rate we will get one new episode a month virtually. Hufuckingray. Why didn't they just start the season later in the year and stop farting around with repeats? I will never understand television. Spose it doesn't help that season 10 is about 7-8 episodes shorter than normal. argh.

Hey Nate, how'd you actually get around to compiling this (and do you know anything about Providence :p? Tis cool... :D
thats cuz channel 9 know that they can pull over 1mil people watching just repeats which is why if they drag it out they can make more bling.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by johnson
i loved that cartoon too! bloody old school man
Have you ever seen the very first episode? ABC has screened the series like 3 times and I've always missed the very first episode :/

It's my life goal to find the means to watch that episode.. somehow.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by rumour
Nate, you are so obsessed with tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And movies too.. you don't ever wan't to get into an argument with him at the topic of movies. :p

rumour

HSC
And movies too.. you don't ever wan't to get into an argument with him at the topic of movies. :p
I don't think he even goes to school!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)