• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Scholarships. How? (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
How does one get a scholarship? Do you need a super-high uai, charity work, demonstrate that you're poor and / or disabled etc what?

Are there prep schools for getting scholarships? A friend of mine goes its quite easy if you know the process - no need to be "special" or anything. Is that true? Currently, I don't think so. All the ppl I know that win scholarships for tertiary study are brilliant in some way, but i dont know what they did exactly...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I know USYD has details of its scholarships on the site, I assume a fair few of the other unis are similar.

korry

HSC
N/A
since when were there prep schools?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
they look at your contribution to school, leadership and they want you to get good marks and also prove that you have a life and dont sit in your room and study all day all night. they want to see balance.
Originally posted by korry
since when were there prep schools?
there are prep schools for UMAT and that kind of crap, but i haven heard anything about prep schools for scholarships, esp when theyre based with school services and extra cirricula stuff.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
How does one get a scholarship? Do you need a super-high uai, charity work, demonstrate that you're poor and / or disabled etc what?

Are there prep schools for getting scholarships? A friend of mine goes its quite easy if you know the process - no need to be "special" or anything. Is that true? Currently, I don't think so. All the ppl I know that win scholarships for tertiary study are brilliant in some way, but i dont know what they did exactly...
why should u care?.....didnt u post up a bitter thread telling people how much they suck even if they get a 100.00 uai?????

Giant Lobster

HSC
Services and contributions to the school?! pfft
I see nerds get scholarships all the time! how in the hell :rolleyes: :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
whats that got to do with scholarships and criteria in applying for them ? :confused:
having more siblings with scholarships increases your chances ? :D

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Depends what sort of scholarship you're going for. I say, go for as many as you can! Talk to your career counseller at school/

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
whats that got to do with scholarships and criteria in applying for them ? :confused:
I have no idea but her mum is on a single parents pension and she does work hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)