Scholarships (1 Viewer)

Monday99

HSC
I'm not sure if this is already an open topic, but I would really like to get an overseas scholarship to a university. The only problem is I can't find any undergraduate ones. Anyone know of any or have any suggestions?

mm99

HSC
where abouts overseas? any specific country or continent?

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
There are heaps of scholarships available, now it all depends in which country, university you wanna go to.

And there are also several types of scholarships - merit based (academic/sports) or financial need. There are also bursaries (usually for accomodation/board)

After I finished my HSC I looked into it - The shortlisted ones were:

Those four are academic based - think the highest possible grades

York University - Toronto, Canada - up to $10,000 ( they've got 4 on offer every intake)

Concordia University - Montreal, Canada again - up to 50% tuition fees.

Warwick University, UK - 25% tuition

London School of Economics, UK - up to 50% off tuition fees

[for the UK, u need at least 3 A levels (ie, extension 4 in aust. system) + 2 AS levels with distinctions in the papers]

Then the US offers many more scholarships on financial grounds + extra curricular activities but you have to sit for the SAT exams.

the ones offering the most were (on financial grounds)

- Louisianna University
-California Lutheran University
-St Johns Univeristy, New York

Now google is the way to go.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Can your home university offer you a bursary or scholarship, instead of the university you wanna travel to? It may be easier that way, but yes, exchange scholarships will be extremely competitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)