• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

School Camps... (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
tell us about the best school camp(s) you went on and what made it/them so memorable for you!!! :)

mishka

HSC
N/A
bloody hell!! i searched the topic and everything to make sure i wasn't posting the same!!! now i feel bad :(

oh well, that was back in june, so it will give everyone a chance to reminisce again.... sorry!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
School camps were always teh suck. I can't really remember any good ones, I guess the best times in camp were lights out when we used to crack open all the junk food we'd bought and gossip.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
hmm reminisce..
year 6: canberra- our grade went and we went to questacon.. war memorial.. parliament house etc.. pretty fun because we had a coach and a mini bus and my group had like 10 people in it so we all went on the mini bus and just had my mum and a teacher with us.. and they both slept like the whole way there so we were jumping around and doing stupid things.. that was pretty fun actually
year 7: meroo conference centre- kinda crap because people hardly knew each other.. i think we fell out of a canoe and got all dirty.. meh
year 8:narabeen sports thingo? there were 2 cabins without a lounge room (with tv etc) and i was in one of them so that sucked.. we had a dance with an olympics theme lol funny photos from it... did lots of sporting activities so yeh it was ok
year 8 (future problem solving): i forgot where this camp was but we had to all catch a train there from emu plains.. somewhere way out west.. the rooms were really cool.. one double bed with 3 kinda bunk things.. and like there were 4 rooms in a little house thing with a common room.. so yeh that was good fun.. just spent the time future problem solving. oh yeh and they were all environmentally friendly and their toilets led outside.. they used our crap as fertiliser (you could feel the wind when sitting on the toilet lol) and with the showers u set the temperature before u went in there.. quite an interesting place
year 9: collaroy- we went to the beach so that was good.. i hate the whole communal showers thing.. 4 showers for about 60 people wasnt too crash hot.. it was a peer support training thing so yeh no sporting activites or anything
year 10: stanwell tops- i loved this camp! we got to do the giant swing thing, some orienteering and some teamwork activites.. it was fun getting closer to my homeroom.. and the cabins were heaps nicer (own bathrooms woo!). we had the typical dance and liturgy thing like all camps and the food was ok
year 11: vision valley- i loathe this place :| rooms of 4 people as well as communal bathrooms sucked :( as well as having our liturgy up in stringybark which was like away from everything else.. so we all had to walk through the dark at like 10pm.. a few people fell over with the inadequate lighting. alot of our activities were in small random groups.. our year coordinator is good because most of the groups only had 1 or 2 people from each friendship group in the grade.. so it was pretty nicely mixed.. just had alot of group sessions and things
year 12: stanwell tops again- it was such a nice retreat they did alot of nice bonding activities.. they managed to get the groups very well mixed again.. alot of tears shed.. we had a dance and a liturgy.. the typical things.. soo much more freedom than other years

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
we went on a yr 12 one to sydney (cultural experience for many at the yokel hick town of bega) and did the rounds at all the theatres
saw the lieutenant of innish more ... did anyone else see it? fan fucking tastic

astro

HSC
the last school camp i went to was in year 6 - we received our fair share of mouldy food and the occasional flashings courtesy of immature boys

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
the giant swing was the best! i got to go on it 3 times :D

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
i have been to a narrabeen sports academy camp 7 times, 6 for basketball and one in year 8, that place ruled.

best camp would have to of been yr11 coz it was a shagfest. On total 16 different people were caught having sex, 3 on film, 2 on camera :D

oh and our cunt of a vice-principal had his car burst into flames when he started it(he wasnt hurt, just the engine)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
lucky grade, in our year11 camp, the teachers said: Here's a line. Boys on this side, girls on that side. NO SEX.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
our yr 12 retreat was held at bowral and had some strange religious "teens" running it. Never again.

mack

Banned
HSC
At my year 10 camp, the toilets and shower were so disgusting i didnt wash myself for three days. I suppressed the smell with lots of deodorant.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
does that mean you also supressed your shit for 3 days as well?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Thats disgusting.

I loved our one this yr (12) and year 10's

We went skiing this year, only 2 days though

It was better then nothing i suppose

mack

Banned
HSC
Hahaha, no I didnt hold that in for three days. I actually swam in the pool a bit, which would have cleaned me off . When i did have to go to the toilet, i layered it with maybe 5000000 sheets of toilet paper and forced my hands on either side of the cubicle and levitated above the bowl, because if my skin made contact with the porcelain, i was a goner. I heard someone found a dead rat down the toilet........Now you cant say you blame me for my actions can you?

capsicum

HSC
each year our school hold this camp for selected students which runs for a week. i went in years 8-10 and it's the best camp i've ever been on! we camped on a private camping ground and the beach was just next to us! so we went surfing everyday and would walk up or catch the taxi up to Kiama for ice cream and stuff. it was a free man's camp so we could do whatever we wanted; there wasn't really any agenda we had to follow. we played volleyball up until 9 sometimes 10 at night and everyone got really absorbed into the sports. we set up our own tents and shared them with a few friends and stuff. the shower blocks were clean and there was plenty of hot water and all!

the best year was year 9 cuz i developed so many new and cool relationships with people whom i would've never thought i'd speak to. i remember really getting to know the guys (who i hang out with now) really well. we had this sand fight on the beach once and that was such an enjoyable experience. another memory was playing spin the bottle with truth or dare every night in my tent. the guys came into my tent at night and we all sat around this little lamp/torch spinning the bottle and letting out our deepest an darkest secrets. and i won't forget the burns we got from the sun for staying out at the beach and just walking for 45 mins to Kiama under the scorching sun! and there was this one night when my group was cooking for the camp and the teacher allowed us to go surfing after hours. it was really nice; the sun was setting and the sand was nice and cool, and we were just all out there. ahhh...the feeling...the memories... i miss those days :)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Loz#1 said:
School camps were always teh suck. I can't really remember any good ones, I guess the best times in camp were lights out when we used to crack open all the junk food we'd bought and gossip.
Yeah pretty much. The rest was pointless. Vision Valley sucked ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)