School Ranks (1 Viewer)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Does anyone know where I might find a list of the schools who are not in the top 120..? :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
They dont rank the schools that aren't in the top 120, many problems arise if they do.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
You have things like parents pulling kids out of certain schools because that year 12 did worse then usual, etc and there always has to be a worst performing High School and thats going to be demeaning to all the kids in that High school etc.

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
wheres the list of the top 120? one of my friends reckon my school came last overall -- i so reckon its not true. our top UAI was 87 but we're not that dumb.. im insulted and wanna prove him wrong!

^___^
HSC
the thing bout not listing "not in the top120" list was mainly due to an incident a few yrs back where a newspaper reported a Mt Druitt school on their overall HSC performance..their performance was very shocking and parents started to complain bout how these kinda info leaked out when it should be kept private.

and what i mean shocking is that highest uai obtained was around 40 and average was probably in mid 30s...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
mazz you go to Cronulla don't you? I doubt that your highest uai was 87. Im sure someone would have gotten higher, they just haven't told many ppl. And also, I can assure you your school didn't come last cos for a start they don't rank all schools, and the same rumour goes through every shire high school each year 'our school came last'. So yeah, don't listen to any of that, there are way worse schools out there and Cronulla has an alright rep just like all the shire schools....

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Yay thankyou Ms12 yeah i go to nulla.. the school told us the highest UAI was 87 . I was really shocked cause im aiming for 95+ and i really doubt whether i can obtain that at nulla seeing as our highest this year was 87!! Aparently...
yeah a guy from woolooware was saying we came last, i dont know if u know but there is a huge rivilry between nulla and woolo .. whcih is better etc etc
Thanks again Ms12
xoxo

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Haha one of my friends teaches at Woolo and its no better or worse than any of the other schools around here. And even if your school's highest UAI was 87 (when did u get told this, cos UAIs came out on the last day of school last year....?) that by no means prevents you from a 95 or even higher. Its not the rest of the school that matters, its you!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Numero Uno
They dont post up all the schools ??

wow someone sent me a copy of the complete school rank of 2002
Well it was made up! They don't rank all schools cos this causes problems as mentioned before like parents pulling their kids out of certain schools etc.
Do you still have a copy of this, Id be really interested to see it.....

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
um i went to like a conference with the principal and teachers during the school holidays, im school captain so its not a random event and yeah i asked ... thats wat they told me i was like :O shit ! i have no idea how well i will go in my HSC. i achieved dux last year but since then ive been going down hill. al my first assessment tasks were in the 60's i was soo shocked and totally disgusted but i know why it was like that, i was so stressed and burnt out! hopefully things will change. Anyway i come pretty much first in my year at my school but compared to the rest of the state??? i have no idea.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by mazza_728
.. the school told us the highest UAI was 87 .
what the? 87? thats like totally impossible... how big is your school?

my school is like so crap and only has like less than 40 people in a grade, but every second year we get someone with 99.xx uai. umm... thanks to them asian immigrants fresh off the boat... hahaha. :D

but school has nothing to do with what uai you're gonna get anyway... its just a psychological thing if you know what i mean. :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
If you think your school is going to pull down your UAI, you will just have to come top (or near top) in each subject then it wont matter

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
i know wat u mean.. im nearly 80% sure that that was our highest UAI.. we have a pretty small school but the year above us ... class of 2003 was relaly stupid..like they were pretty immature but i still expected higher than that! Especially in the higher years there are no asians, because sutherland shire.. especially cronulla doesnt have many asians, i dont know why? my old school sylvania had heaps and we had alot of competitition but at my school we dont have many/any!

abdooooo!!!

Banned
should move!!! hahaha. asians they're everywhere... look at ruse... 90% asians.

yeah in our school we had a pretty pathetic 03er group as well... we only had like 4 or 5 band 6 this year. but hopefully the 04ers would be smarter... or else im gonna fail. :(

but 87? you sure its not 97 instead? how could the heighest uai be that low... unless everyone in your schools 03ers group did general math and standard english...

wildtiger

HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
what the? 87? thats like totally impossible... how big is your school?

my school is like so crap and only has like less than 40 people in a grade, but every second year we get someone with 99.xx uai. umm... thanks to them asian immigrants fresh off the boat... hahaha. :D

but school has nothing to do with what uai you're gonna get anyway... its just a psychological thing if you know what i mean. :)
what school do you go to?

'asian immigrants fresh off the boat' eh, i'm slightly offended by that. anyhow, i believe otherwise - because their english usually drags them down. even if they get extremely good marks from maths, they'll have terrible marks in subjects like english or the social sciences

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)