School references (1 Viewer)

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
mine's 2 pages as well, but here are some choice paragraphs and sentences...

***** ****** has been a student at The McDonald College since 1992 (out of hours classes) and 2000 when she came full time from SGHS. In that time ******* has found her niche in the school community, in both academic and Ballet areas. She has become a valued member of the student body, and was elected as prefect in 2004

******* is a very talented young woman in both academic and performance areas. Her exceptional academic achievements throughout her time at The McDOnald College have been outstanding, and this year she became the Dux for 2004. She was first place in (insert entire academic program here)

In the area of performance ***** has also excelled. At the College, ballet students follow a rigorous program, often up to 25 hours per week, on top of their academic work. ****** has been a member of the Premier State Ballet Company (a semi proffessional company since 1992)......

********************************* (this is my favourite paragraph)

****** is an exceptional young woman who is very talented, focussed and has strong relove and high principles. Her friendy nature and self assurred demeanous mark her as a mature young woman who has a great deal to offer. She is punctual, reliable, enthusiastic, talented, creative and open to new ideas. We wish her every success in the future.

I love it....I commend which ever teacher wrote this as they are an excellent bullshit artist

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I got my reference today and it is full of absolute shit. Whoever wrote it made up so much stuff.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I got mine on sign out day (Monday). We got to nominate a teacher to write it and I chose my History teacher, whom I love and loves me back. So It's full of pretty adjectives. Some sparkling sentences (which are ultimately lies):

Maria has excellent communication and higher order thinking skills and a great capacity for independent study. She is highly motivated with an extremely diligent approach to achieveing her goal.

Maria has a keen sense of social justice and has provided great leadership as a Peer Support leader and in the Peer Tutoring program. Futhermore, she has represented the school with distinction in youth affairs such as the Anti-Racism Forum and the Step to the future youth Leadership Forum, as well as being a 'Dollars and Sense' website host for the Commonwealth Bank.

Maris is held in the highest esteem by the school and her peers culminating in her election as the school Vice Captain in her final year. In this role she has displayed interpersonal talents, tact, compassion and organisational skills to initiate and successfully provide extra-curicular school functions; and to represent the school with distinction.

Maria ******* is a self assured, mature young lady who has been a pleasure to have in the school. her potential for leadership, strength of character and intellectual ability will make her a highly valued employee. We wish her well in her chosen career.

Before that it had some jazz about my academic record. My teacher always said that all references pretty much say the same thing; employers mainly look at the difference in length and weigh up someone with a "highly valued employee" tag to a "suitable employee" which some of the dudes in my year got.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)