School Uniform Or Casual Clothes For The HSC Exams? (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
I think at my school we have to wear our uniforms but there are schools out there that allow u to wear ur normal casual clothes.

What is your school allowing u to wear?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It would really depends on the school.

My school last year (public) allowed us to wear casual clothes all they cared about was making sure we all made it to each exam what you wore didn't matter well at long as you wore sensible clothing.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
We're in uniform for the exams. Think we get sent home to change if we aren't, lol.

ALLLICE

HSC
I seem to remember that we wouldn't be "allowed" to do our exams if we didn't show up in uniform :rolleyes:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
nichhhole said:
& miss HSC exams?

our school's pedantic but i doubt theyd worry that much?:confused:
I'm pretty sure that's been said. I'm not sure how serious they would actually take it. Surely not that much, but I'm not taking any chances. Shaving and everything for me.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I thought you had to wear school uniform...the only thing I've read contrary to that is on the languages speaking timetable saying students don't have to wear school uniform to those exams.

HSC
yeah for practical exams they don't care (langauge speaking, drama, music, not sure wat else). otherwise its up to your school as to what you wear.

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
Ack, our school is letting us wear casual clothing, just as well because i'm not going in uniform if it's like 30 degree heat. We don't have air-conditioning in our hall where the exams take place. Our school is also multi-form meaning you can pretty much wear anything that's within the school colours, but nothing obscene, revealing etc.
Good thing only one of my exams is in the afternoon~ ><;

Last edited:

nicole21290

HSC
Our school says school uniform but I doubt they would make us go home if we wore casual clothing. My problem is location - we have all exams in a little classroom at school right near the playground (very noisy) and we might still be having construction stuff going on at the time of exams. So not good :mad1:

HSC
emurelief said:
My history teacher recommended school uniform, he said that when he wakes up in the morning and puts on his suit, it puts him in the mindset for work. Putting on your uniform prepares you for a school day, and that dreaded exam.
i agree with ur history teacher!
our schools allows us to wear casual, but imma wear school uniform

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
The clothing you wear won't change your mindset. What about uni when it's casual everyday will you be in a different mindset when exams are on because you are not in a uniform or formal clothes...I don't think so.

If anything casual doesn't make it seem as daughting as it can be.

jirwin

HSC
TDjie said:
Ack, our school is letting us wear casual clothing, just as well because i'm not going in uniform if it's like 30 degree heat. We don't have air-conditioning in our hall where the exams take place. Our school is also multi-form meaning you can pretty much wear anything that's within the school colours, but nothing obscene, revealing etc.
Good thing only one of my exams is in the afternoon~ ><;

go our multi-form dress code.

so basically we have a very limited uniform to begin with so its casual clothing. we do have heating in the floor of our hall - i wonder if its reverse cycling :p

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
the problem with casual clothing is the competition ... "hey i liek got this sexeh miniskirt from liek this store" ... on the otherhand but i refuse to wear grey trousers with the texture of sandpaper

~untitled~

HSC
Yea our school lets us wear casual or uniform for the hsc, although will probably end up wearing my uniform because, as emurelief's history teacher said, it will get me in the mindset for exams, and will make it feel more serious. Although our uniform is just a white blouse with blue skirt/pants anyways.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
pritnep said:
The clothing you wear won't change your mindset. What about uni when it's casual everyday will you be in a different mindset when exams are on because you are not in a uniform or formal clothes...I don't think so.

If anything casual doesn't make it seem as daughting as it can be.
But at uni you have like 13 weeks to get used to casual clothes before you go into an exam with them on. I'd recommend school uniform because that's what you're used to when it comes down to school exams...

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
ari89 said:
But at uni you have like 13 weeks to get used to casual clothes before you go into an exam with them on. I'd recommend school uniform because that's what you're used to when it comes down to school exams...
Well that would again depend on your school. If you to a school that holds a strict uniform, dress and appearance code then yes. But if like me you went to a school that had a multiform and a relaxed code then no it wouldn't be.

goosiegoo

HSC
School uniform. I prefer to wear that... i won't get distracted by the colours. :p (Our uniform is black and white with a tiny bit of orange)

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
jirwin said:
go our multi-form dress code.

so basically we have a very limited uniform to begin with so its casual clothing. we do have heating in the floor of our hall - i wonder if its reverse cycling :p
The thought of having reverse cycle in our 50 year old hall is hilarious, hence my contiuous LOLing on msn to you jess. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)