Sci Fi stimulus (1 Viewer)

blabla91

HSC
So everyone seems to have found it so easy, how did you all interpret the stimulus?

I saw the first paragraph as the rampant progress of technology and science moves so fast it leaves you behind and the second paragraph the implications of this progress on humans, they have become so artificial that they can no longer 'feel', have become numb and disconnected from nature

I still think it was a bit obscure how did you take it?

samtaclaus

HSC
I thought it was ok, although I would have preferred it if there had been a bit more on the issues regarding science's inability to keep up with me.

How'd you go?

PS. I didn't actually find this from your profile. Yay

chaldoking

HSC
The stimulus was non-sense. I did not see it dealing with any real issues that are the core focus of science fiction. I just wrote about the development of the world throughout time: from the genesis of patriarchy, to the modern, technologically advanced age we now live in.

perrie1234

HSC
the stimulus dealt with one of the most common themes of sci fi - apocalypse ... it was basically asking for a creative that addressed the world ending and everyone needing to collect everything as they dont no what they will need ... plus the second paragraph i think was taking about the post-apocalypse or how artificial the world has become i think thats why you were able to do parts of it and not the world thing so it was giving you a choice on what you can do

Riffy Raffy

BABY MAN
HSC
The stimulus was non-sense. I did not see it dealing with any real issues that are the core focus of science fiction. I just wrote about the development of the world throughout time: from the genesis of patriarchy, to the modern, technologically advanced age we now live in.
It doesn't have to be about science fiction...the stimulus is meant to stimulate something within you that creates a creative process that goes into story etc. The poem thingo was pretty stupid, but it allowed you to be inventive, and did trick you a bit. Since you had to put it into the story itself, you had to change up your style a bit. Worked well for me because my story was basically romantacist wank with nothing to do with science fiction.

Oh god I failed.

sirpoopalot7

HSC
I hated it, I didn't have a prepared story anyway so I just made shit up as I went. Pretty much a world where the Government controls and monitors every aspect of life. A nanny state such as the UK, but even worse. Weather, behaviour, meals, jobs, crime, etc. (lol minority report). It is sunny all the time except for "Agricultural designated areas"

My guy is trying to kill himself (authorities can teleport and stop him) as his family was murdered 3 days before the "Socially Disruptive Behaviour Prevention System" came online. Kids get fined for playing in trees, and stuff. The idea was ok but man my plot was terrible.

Lozzy_09

HSC
I thought that it was alright, but the english papers 1 & 2, religion etc all seem to be quite broad in terms of module/aos/elective concepts that they are drawing on, especially the advanced english papers so i thought it was a bit odd of the BOS to be sooooo one sided in this exam? there weren't too many directions you could adapt the stimulus and it pretty much told you exactly what to think and write rather than let you take it in any direction you like, whicch is what i thought would happen in an extension one exam? but all in all .. it could have been alot worse!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)