• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

sci/law (1 Viewer)

clever angel

HSC
hi ppl

i have always wanted to get into medicine but my umat score was noit gud enough for an interview, so i am thinking of doing sci/law at usyd

i wanted 2 know dat can we sit for gamsat at the end of 3 yrs of this 5 yr degree or do we have to wait until 5 yrs finsish

can we sit gamsat at the end of the first yr of any bachelors degree?

if i do Bsc can i sit gamsat at theend of first yr?

also if i sit the umat again next yr do i have to defer a semester?

plzzzzzzzzzzz answer my queries!!!!!i seriously need helpppp!

thankxxxxxx

Libbster

HSC
hey you're that person who got pwned in the other thread.

and to answer your queries, no idea

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Natstar - She is probably insecure.

You can sit gamsat at any time, but you realise you wont finish ur sci degree then do law, both are done together. Doing llb/bsc limits you to applying to unis which aren't that strong in med like sydney uni where you need a gpa of 5.5+ then after that no-one cares.

EmMindelan

done, and happy
HSC
Are you sure your UAI isn't high enough to qualify you for a 2nd round interview at UNSW? [If it's high enough to get you into Law at USyd, after all...]

Also, according to one of my school science teachers, to get into graduate med, you're better off doing a science degree than anything else [although I'm not sure about science/law], because you're more likely to do better on the GAMSAT.....plus, if you do Science/Law, then once you finish your science course at the end of 3rd year you've got two years of straight law to do [and that's time in which your science knowledge would probably get rusty] before you could do med....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)