• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Science degree help! (1 Viewer)

mgian2007

HSC
Hi everyone!

I am wanting to go to UTS to do a bachelor of Forensic Science, which requires at least 2 units of science. I am a current HSC student and I did not do any science units. I have, however, applied for this degree through early entry.

My question is, I know that you can do a bridging course in order to satisfy those requirements, but how does one go about doing that? Will I be disadvantaged through my early entry application since I don't have those science units? How can I let them know that I am intending to take a bridging course?

I don't really have any idea about this stuff. Anyone who knows any info about it or went through the same thing, I appreciate any help.

Thanks!

cossine

HSC
Hi everyone!

I am wanting to go to UTS to do a bachelor of Forensic Science, which requires at least 2 units of science. I am a current HSC student and I did not do any science units. I have, however, applied for this degree through early entry.

My question is, I know that you can do a bridging course in order to satisfy those requirements, but how does one go about doing that? Will I be disadvantaged through my early entry application since I don't have those science units? How can I let them know that I am intending to take a bridging course?

I don't really have any idea about this stuff. Anyone who knows any info about it or went through the same thing, I appreciate any help.

Thanks!
Most likely it won't matter. According to the website:

Under assumed knowledge: "any two units of Science. Chemistry and Biology are recommended."

In other words you should have no trouble with early entry.

spiderfan44

HSC
Hi everyone!

Thanks!
its assumed knowledge, you should be alright. i think it would still be a good idea though to do a bridging course for chem or bio, since theyre going to teach that content with the assumption youve done science, and that may mean you struggle to understand what theyre teaching you. you could even just do khan academy to catchup

liamkk112

HSC
Hi everyone!

Thanks!
its not really compulsory, its just recommended. they also claim on their website that they look at overall performance, so individual subjects arent weighted so they won't care if u did science units or not

that being said its a good idea to catch up on basic chem/bio before uni starts, can do that through bridging course or just by yourself (bridging course could be nice coz there might be labs). its possible to not know anything, but youll probably be much more stressed trying to understand the basics in a short amount of time, whereas if u put in a bit of time before uni starts youll be better off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)