science sc (1 Viewer)

philzy

HSC
wat topics are tested in the science sc coz i looked on the syllabus but i dnt know wat topics are going to be tested.
thanks.

topdeck

HSC
As far as i know the science sc tests every topic that you have studied since the beginning of year 9. I assume that every school does the same topics so they would be:

Year 9
Health and Disease
Electrical Energy
Natural Events (so tsunamis, plate tectonics etc)
Atoms and Elements
Waves
The human body (reproduction, dna, etc)

Year 10
Machines and the laws of motion
The history of Everything (this is what they called it at our school....its just the big bang and the universe combined with evolution and natural selection)
Compounds and Reactions
Ecosystems, Resources and Technology

Looking at past sc papers there also seems to be quite a bit about experiments and stuff, so know how to design fair experiments, what independant and dependant variables are etc.

Harkaraj

HSC
Uni Grad
I agree with basically what topdeck said, learn your experiments as most of the past papers I have gone through have asked you to design one, apart from that learn the topics mentioned and you should be fine as most of it is common sense.

philzy

HSC
that scope statement has just confused me more. now i dnt know wat to study lol.

cazzy160344

HSC
lol just study all the topics from Yr9 and Yr10 (listed above) and you should be fine. Do past papers as they tend to follow the same trends...past papers really help, gives you an idea as to what they might ask and you can practice answering.

Good luck for your exams!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)