• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SDD marking and Results Question (1 Viewer)

neo_legion

In my yearly i got 42 %, and come first in the class. Our teacher scales our marks up to around 70, whats the go with this, i don't get this much luck with maths, i fail maths i fail :(. can someone explain?? He has done this since the start of yr 11, halfyearly i got 51 and it was scaled to 78 :confused: ?

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
diff skools mark differently

mayb ur tests are harder than other skools...

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
diff skools mark differently

mayb ur tests are harder than other skools...
well i certainly hope its damn damn hard

but even if it is in the end it all balances out with the ranks so i honestly dont see why do they scale it that high anyways, it makes no difference since all the students will get the same increase

pfft gay

Kn1ght_M4r3

umm my friend has a teacher who would scale u up as well but in maths. heheeh it's like wen they calculate ur uai they take half ur assessment mark and i think half ur hsc mark.

then with the assessment mark your school sends in, they do some modifications on it to give it a scaled mark, and yeah ur hsc marks stay the same.
so i guess if u teacher adds marks to ur tests he may just be doing it to help you guys out.
Well its something along those lines, ehehehe i aint no expert but thats the brief explaination i got from my mathz teacher.

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
it wont help you out in the long run. its the rank that counts. there is heaps about how marks are calculated in other threads.

tieki

Yep...rank is all that really counts, and generally high grades across the state...our maths class is the only one that scales our assessment marks, our tests aren't too hard across the other subjects... :)

Maddogg

we never scale our grades i wish we did cause our teacher marks like a nazi every1 fails and u can never know how ull go in the hsc cause we havnt had 1 realistic hsc test

Foong

Well i think your teacher did it because they don't want to embarass the school by giving BOS crap assessment marks

Comedy_Al

Originally posted by Maddogg
we never scale our grades i wish we did cause our teacher marks like a nazi every1 fails and u can never know how ull go in the hsc cause we havnt had 1 realistic hsc test
What a arshole:mad:.... but don't worry, your school mark is scaled based on your hsc mark, so do well in your hsc and it will get fixed (they have provisions for teachers like that). :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)