• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Selecting Science Electives Interstate? (2 Viewers)

bassistx

HSC
Do you have to go to Canberra to enrol and select your electives or can you do it online? I read somewhere in a thread (I can't remember if I was an ANU thread or not) that people doing science and whatever else the other faculty was, might have to actually go down there to select electives.

True or false?

Eriny

Awesome Member
HSC
I answered this in the other thread. You generally pick electives the year you want to study. But, to be sure, it might be a good idea to email someone in the science faculty.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
bassistx said:
Do you have to go to Canberra to enrol and select your electives or can you do it online? I read somewhere in a thread (I can't remember if I was an ANU thread or not) that people doing science and whatever else the other faculty was, might have to actually go down there to select electives.

True or false?
if you refer to my post about enrolment, all first year students need to physically be available in canberra to get their enrolments approved. this is so idiot actuary students (or some other hard degree) don't go LOL I'M GONNA PICK ALL ART SUBJECTS AND GET AN ACTUARY DEGREE LOL and end up realising in the second year the subjects they've done cannot be credited to their actuary degree (or at least in its entirety).

this is a one-time thing... i.e. for your second/third/fourth year you do this yourself online and it's the students responsibility to make sure they fulfill the requirements of their degrees/majors.

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
dammit Jason! you uncovered my secret actuarial studies plan. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)