• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Self-studying for HSC biology (1 Viewer)

kyoripark

HSC
Hey yall,

I was wondering whether I should do biology tutoring for next year, since my bio teacher can't teach.
However, the thing holding me back was the tutoring rates; how are yall studying for biology, without tuition?

HSC
im a fossil but here's my 2 cents anyway , I got 93 in bio***(for creds or whatever)

I can't relate to the teacher thing bcz my biology teacher was exceptional but even then bio takes a lot of independent study

do you use a textbook or provided with notes or resources in class? I would recommend using these to make your own notes for every module, defining each syllabus outcome and having notes under each, include lots of diagrams, flowcharts etc. since much of bio can be understood and simplified through visuals

use YouTube vids to supplement your understanding of things bcz some concepts are a bit complicated at first,like protein synthesis

once I had my main notes completed near trials I would revise them e.g. teach a friend something, read a section then write down from memory what I can recall etc. near HSC I made mind maps like one A4 or A3 page for each module which worked as good summaries, I recommend mind maps for any subject rlly

finally lots of past paper Q's with feedback from your teacher or peers

gl with finding a tutor ik rates are a major deterring factor, not sure how you are as a student but if you lock in and have a plan on how you'll study then u won't need tutoring imo cheers

Last edited:

kyori

HSC
im a fossil but here's my 2 cents anyway , I got 93 in bio***(for creds or whatever)

I can't relate to the teacher thing bcz my biology teacher was exceptional but even then bio takes a lot of independent study

do you use a textbook or provided with notes or resources in class? I would recommend using these to make your own notes for every module, defining each syllabus outcome and having notes under each, include lots of diagrams, flowcharts etc. since much of bio can be understood and simplified through visuals

use YouTube vids to supplement your understanding of things bcz some concepts are a bit complicated at first,like protein synthesis

once I had my main notes completed near trials I would revise them e.g. teach a friend something, read a section then write down from memory what I can recall etc. near HSC I made mind maps like one A4 or A3 page for each module which worked as good summaries, I recommend mind maps for any subject rlly

finally lots of past paper Q's with feedback from your teacher or peers

gl with finding a tutor ik rates are a major deterring factor, not sure how you are as a student but if you lock in and have a plan on how you'll study then u won't need tutoring imo cheers
Omg tysm for the tips! I’ll try those methods out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)