• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

selling 2nd hand texts (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I bought two of my textbk throught there and it saved me around $100....
so I definitely recommend it!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
If I were you, I would just go to your second hand textbook shop at your University and sell it to them:).

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah our 2nd hand bookshop has turned into cash4books. not bad, but they only give 30% of the original price.
Originally posted by boredofschool
I bought two of my textbk throught there and it saved me around $100....
so I definitely recommend it!
so what happens. when you are interested in a book you click the link and e mail them (without knowing their address). but they will know your address? and then when they reply you know their address? and you organise when and where to meet?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by boredofschool
sum unis don't have 2nd hd bk shops...like UWS
Well put a notice up on a wall/notice board. You would get more money that way anyway, because when you give the book to the secondhand bookstore, they have to make some profit too:).

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
yeah our 2nd hand bookshop has turned into cash4books. not bad, but they only give 30% of the original price.
so what happens. when you are interested in a book you click the link and e mail them (without knowing their address). but they will know your address? and then when they reply you know their address? and you organise when and where to meet?
yeah basically send a message to them and they'll reply....you can either meet up or have them post it to you through COD, which is what I did....even though you have to pay for the postage its still a bargain! plus I can pretend I bought it new and sell it to people for the same price I bought it LOL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)