• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Serious dilemma right now (1 Viewer)

tonysoprano

HSC
Hey everyone,
So I have my half yearlies coming up in one week, and I have a problem. My timetable has got both Physics and SOR1 on the same day. For me, Physics takes priority over SOR1. I was already considering dropping SOR as it was the subject I went worst in in term 1 (not horribly bad though).
Anyway, so I haven't even studied for SOR at all yet, and am just unsure if I should drop it and go from 11 Units to 10 units.
I'm pretty confident with each subject I do, and I don't think SOR will be saving me by much if it does, especially because of my lack of study so far.
If I am dropping it, I'm not gonna bother even studying at all, but I'm just still unsure whether it's safe to drop to 10 units and leave SOR behind.
Please help. Thanks :)

Fiction

HSC
Hey everyone,
So I have my half yearlies coming up in one week, and I have a problem. My timetable has got both Physics and SOR1 on the same day. For me, Physics takes priority over SOR1. I was already considering dropping SOR as it was the subject I went worst in in term 1 (not horribly bad though).
Anyway, so I haven't even studied for SOR at all yet, and am just unsure if I should drop it and go from 11 Units to 10 units.
I'm pretty confident with each subject I do, and I don't think SOR will be saving me by much if it does, especially because of my lack of study so far.
If I am dropping it, I'm not gonna bother even studying at all, but I'm just still unsure whether it's safe to drop to 10 units and leave SOR behind.
Please help. Thanks :)
Sounds like you already know what to do tbh :p I would drop, because if you're confident in your other 10 units, then there's no point in keeping SOR around, especially when your lack of study so far can indicate you either don't like it - or not enough to rival the effort your put into your other subjects, or that the content contained within it just isn't for you.

Depends on your half-yearlies and their respective weightings, but I would drop it if I were in your situation, if only for the apathetic nature you seem to hold towards it. Put it this way, if you keep it, and study bare minimum, would you be sure you'll do well in it?

klee98

HSC
Pls my ext1 is the same day with physics xD
Anyways yea drop it, if you lost hope in a subject no point in reviving it. You'll just waste even more precious time.

Ethicks

HSC
See how you go in the exam and drop it after if you do poorly, you never know until you try.

tonysoprano

HSC
See how you go in the exam and drop it after if you do poorly, you never know until you try.
You see, I would want to try that, but I think if I bother studying for it, it's going to affect my other tests :/

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'm just going to drop it :)

teaaxe

HSC
I think you should just focus on studying physics since you're 100% sure you're not dropping it. Just take the tests for both and see how your results go. You shouldn't consider dropping it if you do well in it without the need to study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)