Serious help! (1 Viewer)

Yusra366

HSC
Hey guys, so I guess I am just feeling really stressed especially with HSC just less than a week away. I was aiming for a 90+ ATAR, but with the rate I am going idk if that's going to be possible. Like the most I feel prepared for is English and SOR 2, but not so much with maths, bio and business because for bio and business I have just been doing past papers and learning my content through that, as well as, going back and learning a bit more. Though, I don't know if that is a smart idea, like I still have quite a bit of content left for both of them. It's just stressing me knowing that what I am doing might make me underprepared and not allow me to achieve my desired ATAR. So was just guessing if anyone has any advice on what to do?

zizi2003_

HSC
because for bio and business I have just been doing past papers and learning my content through that, as well as, going back and learning a bit more.
I mean that's really all you can do right now.
and more importantly for bio at least try and target the syllabus dot-points you're not confident in by doing prac questions on them + revise your examples

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The Business Studies HSC exam is on Tuesday 23 November, meaning you still have 24 days to prepare, which, considering you have already commenced your preparations, should be sufficient time to become fully ready to sit this exam. Based on this, I believe there are two ways to approach your preparations/revision:
  • Given the fact that you still have more than 3 weeks to prepare, you can fundamentally revamp your study method. This means that instead of attempting past HSC exam papers first, you may wish to revisit the content in order to develop a thorough understanding and familiarise yourself with the various concepts across all 4 topics to a greater extent. Additionally, you may wish to review your case study material and ensure it aligns with the syllabus. This will increase your confidence and will allow you to perform to a high standard in past papers, which will be the following step and consequently your subsequent way of learning.
  • If you choose to stick to your current approach, then you should consider attempting questions by topic as this can make your learning much more organised, potentially allowing you to identify areas of improvement more easily. A good way of doing this involves using HSCninja via the following link:

I hope this helps! 😄

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
The Business Studies HSC exam is on Tuesday 23 November, meaning you still have 24 days to prepare, which, considering you have already commenced your preparations, should be sufficient time to become fully ready to sit this exam. Based on this, I believe there are two ways to approach your preparations/revision:
  • Given the fact that you still have more than 3 weeks to prepare, you can fundamentally revamp your study method. This means that instead of attempting past HSC exam papers first, you may wish to revisit the content in order to develop a thorough understanding and familiarise yourself with the various concepts across all 4 topics to a greater extent. Additionally, you may wish to review your case study material and ensure it aligns with the syllabus. This will increase your confidence and will allow you to perform to a high standard in past papers, which will be the following step and consequently your subsequent way of learning.
  • If you choose to stick to your current approach, then you should consider attempting questions by topic as this can make your learning much more organised, potentially allowing you to identify areas of improvement more easily. A good way of doing this involves using HSCninja via the following link:

I hope this helps! 😄
Could you get one of those links for CAFS? I can’t make an account.

Yusra366

HSC

I hope this helps! 😄
Thank you so much for this advice. Would you happen to know if there is a link for bio papers as well, just like the link you gave for the business papers, where it tests you according to each module?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you so much for this advice. Would you happen to know if there is a link for bio papers as well, just like the link you gave for the business papers, where it tests you according to each module?
No worries. While there is an equivalent link for Biology, I believe that the questions covered are all part of the old syllabus, meaning I am not entirely sure whether those would be beneficial:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I can't seem to make an account either, so do I have to search each paper online and find the relevant question?
It seems as though HSCninja has disabled new account creation for some reason. Perhaps searching individual HSC papers online and attempting the relevant questions would be the best alternative. 🤔

Yusra366

HSC
No worries. While there is an equivalent link for Biology, I believe that the questions covered are all part of the old syllabus, meaning I am not entirely sure whether those would be beneficial:

That's ok, but thank you for the link.

Suz D

HSC
Hey guys, so I guess I am just feeling really stressed especially with HSC just less than a week away. I was aiming for a 90+ ATAR, but with the rate I am going idk if that's going to be possible. Like the most I feel prepared for is English and SOR 2, but not so much with maths, bio and business because for bio and business I have just been doing past papers and learning my content through that, as well as, going back and learning a bit more. Though, I don't know if that is a smart idea, like I still have quite a bit of content left for both of them. It's just stressing me knowing that what I am doing might make me underprepared and not allow me to achieve my desired ATAR. So was just guessing if anyone has any advice on what to do?
Sometimes aiming for a high ATAR is a bad idea. Most who get really high ATARs are either naturally smart, are doing random subjects (that doesn't scale thousands of students like English or maths does) or they have no social life and study their year 12 life away. I am sitting the HSC next week too, and I am hoping for an above average ATAR. But from what almost every ex-uni person has told me- ATAR DOES NOT MATTER. Sure it applies if you plan on going to University next year, but even then there are so many other pathways. Most people don't even stick to their course or end up working in the field they had originally thought they would. If you end up taking a gap year, you may completely decide to not study or just change your preferences. I think most schools/parents force teens to decide their whole career and study choice, when in reality, it's pretty much certain you will change your mind (with a few exceptions).

In other words, I wouldn't worry about your ATAR results. I know that might sound cliché or vague, but after realizing this, I have felt so much better. The only thing you can do now is do your best, and know that whatever result you get, it doesn't define you, your work ethics, how much work you've put in or your future. My advice is to just stay calm, don't worry and you'll be fine.

Yusra366

HSC
Sometimes aiming for a high ATAR is a bad idea. Most who get really high ATARs are either naturally smart, are doing random subjects (that doesn't scale thousands of students like English or maths does) or they have no social life and study their year 12 life away. I am sitting the HSC next week too, and I am hoping for an above average ATAR. But from what almost every ex-uni person has told me- ATAR DOES NOT MATTER. Sure it applies if you plan on going to University next year, but even then there are so many other pathways. Most people don't even stick to their course or end up working in the field they had originally thought they would. If you end up taking a gap year, you may completely decide to not study or just change your preferences. I think most schools/parents force teens to decide their whole career and study choice, when in reality, it's pretty much certain you will change your mind (with a few exceptions).

In other words, I wouldn't worry about your ATAR results. I know that might sound cliché or vague, but after realizing this, I have felt so much better. The only thing you can do now is do your best, and know that whatever result you get, it doesn't define you, your work ethics, how much work you've put in or your future. My advice is to just stay calm, don't worry and you'll be fine.
OMG! Thank you so much, this was truly so inspiring and really made me feel better

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A

👊 This made smile, thank you for the advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)